The Final - BBC or ITV

Sooky

TV choice  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

According to Radio Times, we’re spoilt for choice between Guy Mowbray and Martin Keown (BBC) or Clive Tyldesley and Glenn Hoddle (ITV).

For comparisons sake, the BBC won 12.1m to 2.9m in 2014 and, for Euro 2016, it was another comfortable 10.2m to 1.9m victory for the BBC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Sooky said:

According to Radio Times, we’re spoilt for choice between Guy Mowbray and Martin Keown (BBC) or Clive Tyldesley and Glenn Hoddle (ITV).

For comparisons sake, the BBC won 12.1m to 2.9m in 2014 and, for Euro 2016, it was another comfortable 10.2m to 1.9m victory for the BBC.

BBC for me. Can`t stand Tyldesley and in particular Hoddle.  Might have been tempted by ITV if Lawro the tramp had been involved for BBC.

Can you get 5 live commentary on the red button?

Maybe worth checking, but they took it off when the tennis started!!!

I miss the "Stadium Noise" option!!!☹️

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Any hint of a late entry for McCoist and Champion? Only bearble commentary I've heard at this WC.

This, more or less.  They're comfortably the best pair - best analyst plus best commentator - across the board.  I would watch on ITV if it were either of those two on comms.  

Guy Mowbray is fine, but he has the insufferable nervous twitch of Martin Keown's inhaling through his teeth every other sentence.   Clive Tyldsley is okay, but utterly insufferable when England is concerned - and you can be sure that they'll be mentioned in his opening line of commentary.  And every other five minutes as well.  And then there's Glen Hoddle, who saps my will to live.

So the BBC has it on that, just about.  The BBC iPlayer knocks spots off the ITV Hub, so that pretty much confirms the deal.  

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

I miss the "Stadium Noise" option!!!☹️

This, this, this and this.

Commentary severely reduces my enjoyment of a game and the number of posts on here complaining about it would suggest it annoys other folk as well.

Archived