West Region Fixture Update

Kennie

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

There is no reason for our fixtures to be wonky,why can’t you see that? Kennie has already stated that he jumped the gun by putting you at home.Your secretary agreed to change the game as he obviously agreed that it was the better option.You had sponsorship for the Talbot game which is NOT happening anyway.You still have a home game in the 1st 4 games whereas we’ll have none!

Come on be fair!

To be honest your fixtures aren’t our concern.  We are looking out for our club. We are being more than fair . Our start is hard enough without another away game. 

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

No - all non-SFA licence holders must take part in the first preliminary round. https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3985/2018-19-scottish-cup-format-composition.pdf

Cheers M8 I see where Kennie is coming from. In reality Talbot v Beith on the 11th could have helped out in the league.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Draw is 3pm tomorrow and you just know its going to be beith and talbot again ................

You know it is. Would prefer staying away from Beith, and Bonnyrigg as I like to see us playing something different.

5 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

You know it is. Would prefer staying away from Beith, and Bonnyrigg as I like to see us playing something different.

Exactly playing in the senior scottish you want to change the menu a wee bit , shortlees will be after some junior blood i would imagine and see it a bit in the same mould as ourselves playing a senior crack.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Gentles said:

Exactly playing in the senior scottish you want to change the menu a wee bit , shortlees will be after some junior blood i would imagine and see it a bit in the same mould as ourselves playing a senior crack.

I would rather we were kept apart until the final.

I’d rather start with 5 aways than 4 aways and a free weekend. We know at some point we’ll end up having to try and catch up with games as it is.

Let's not build this into something it's not.
Both clubs involved had viable concerns.
I was not dictated to or pressured into anything.
I pulled the fixture to be fair to both teams.
Really????
Where were the concerns when they BOTH agreed to fixture change??
Looks like someone had a word to me,

10 hours ago, Kennie said:
1 hour ago, qwerty said:

Really????
Where were the concerns when they BOTH agreed to fixture change??
Looks like someone had a word to me,

I contacted one representative of each club this morning and both agreed it would be ok to pair both idle teams in a new fixture.

I had looked at the fixtures and thought it best to go with Cambuslang v Clydebank, again both clubs had accepted this as OK.

With hindsight, perhaps we were too hasty with it. Going with Cambuslang v Clydebank means that Clydebank will have 5 away fixtures and depending on the results from the Sectional League Cup it could be more. 

Changing it to Clydebank v Cambuslang is also problematic. Cambuslang would have a minimum of 3 aways in a row, but it also changes things for them in November where they could be faced with 4 home games in a row in what might be poor weather conditions.

Both teams have been in contact with me, once they realised the implications of the fixture, to voice their concerns, which I consider as valid points.

I have therefore taken the decision to withdraw the fixture for the time-being. 

Yes! Really!!!!

I've highlighted the bit you may have missed.

To be fair no club should be dictating if they want to fulfill a fixture if it’s gave out it should be played this is why the juniors are dying and embarrassing for the grade 

Yes! Really!!!!

So both clubs agreed to fixture change, you stick it on here then someone complains about said fixture, then both clubs change their minds without any prompting from anyone, now both sit idle on a Saturday aye ok then kennie ,

12 minutes ago, qwerty said:
31 minutes ago, Kennie said:
Yes! Really!!!!

So both clubs agreed to fixture change, you stick it on here then someone complains about said fixture, then both clubs change their minds without any prompting from anyone, now both sit idle on a Saturday aye ok then kennie ,

I've explained, or at least tried to explain, the sequence of how it happened. 

It is possible that the complaint on here highlighted the situation to the clubs concerned or even that the complainer contacted his club directly.

I was then in contact with both clubs.

I accepted the concerns of both clubs and withdrew the fixture in the interests of both clubs.

There is nothing more I can add to this.

If you wish to construe it into something else, there is not much I can do about that.

And on the subject of having a park ... we have been playing at Holm Park for 10 years now. We groundshare. From later this season both ourselves and Yoker will be tennants at Holm Park. People better get used to the idea ... both clubs will work hard to improve it over time and it will eventually become a park that hosts 2 licenced teams in the pyramid. 

Archived