West Region Fixture Update

Kennie

The William Hill Scottish Cup draw is scheduled to take place tomorrow.

Auchinleck Talbot and Beith will both be given ties, (Girvan may still get a bye).

Therefore, Cambuslang Rangers and Clydebank would both be idle.

I have spoken with both clubs and they have agreed to meet in the Premier League on Saturday 11th August.

The game will be Cambuslang Rangers v Clydebank at Somervell Park with a 2PM KO.

I have also been asked to switch the Neilston v Craigmark Championship game on 25th August to Station Park Dalmellington due to an event in Neilston on that day that would have an impact on that game, both clubs agreed the switch.

That game will now be  - Craigmark Burntonians v Neilston Juniors at Station Park with a 2PM KO

Kennie Young

Fixture Secretary - WRSJFA

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Means we now start with 4 away games in a row? 

It should be Clydebank v Cambuslang as Lochburn is free on the 11th.

That would also have given Cambuslang 3 away games on the trot. It also would mean changing the fixture on 17th November which is Clydebank v Cambuslang. 

Made more sense to me to just alter 1 fixture. 

16 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Starting the season with 4 away games isn’t right.

Change the game in Nov to Somervell.

And give Cambuslang 4 home games in a row?

In October / November. 

“Spoke to both clubs and they agreed...” take it up with your own team committee if you don’t like it.
Exactly. Kennie can't keep everyone happy, but that's not his job. If someone isn't happy that their committee agreed then speak to them. IMHO the flexibility already displayed this season (and it hasn't started yet) is a huge leap forward into the current century. More please ....

Jeezo you can’t please everyone I would of had beith v auchinleck that week in first place and played it last Wednesday in August but hey when you ground share it’s harder to give u home away home away fixtures well done kennie and refreshing to let everyone on here know your reasoning I remember going 3 month without a home game under mr Robertson always gonna be one or two keyboard warriors both clubs agreed so it’s game on and well done again

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Changed now.

Well done Kennie.

Not changed. We shouldn’t be penalised because of Clydebanks ground situation. We haven’t agreed to this. 

Archived