Colville 7-0 Cumbernauld Juniors

Crazy Feet

47 minutes ago, jm10 said:

If game gets played again in 6 weeks when both teams have had a pre season there would only be one winner. Pre season games are pre seasons games for a reasons it’s for seeing new players and getting boys match sharpness game meant nothing would never happen in a competitive game

I really don't understand this thought process. Do amateur players not go on holiday at this time of year either? I am sure Colville didn't have everyone available too.

Colville wouldn't be any fitter either. Infact, given Cumbernauld are a team from a higher level, you'd expect them to actually be fitter.

Colville would be a lot stronger if the game was played in 6 weeks time as well at the end of preseason.

You don't fluke a 7-0 game against anyone irrespective of circumstances.

43 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

It was a good run out for the boys, I’m not one for commenting on other teams so I won’t start. I’m sure with the quality that Cumbernauld possess they will go on to have a good season.

What I will say is tho Cumbernauld wouldn’t beat us 7 days of the week, nor would there only be one winner either. I’m not for one min saying we would beat Cumbernauld but I can assure you we would more than hold our own in a competitive game.

I wish Cumbernauld all the best for the season ahead, I know a few of their players and the new one they brought in who you can tell will help them in trying to win promotion 

Who got the goals for you Mick?

Guest Mick Kennedy

I know Cumbernauld squad and the new players they have signed were all there, they were full strength maybe one or two, but I know the new players they brought in we’re all playing. We had 3 Scottish amateur internationalist away on holiday boy he ho.

Liam Cusack, Daniel, Chrissy Craig, Bugsy, Waz, McCrum and Harry.

Few news boys started so was a good run out fir us 

Guest Mick Kennedy

Just to be clear I’m not saying we would beat Cumbernauld in a competitive game, they have signed some quality players this season and I’m sure Andy and JP will guide them to a successful season.

My main interest is guiding Colville to winning trophies at the end of the season, beating junior teams in frendlies makes no difference to me I don’t read anything into it at all. 

Archived