League Cup attendances....

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Apart from the Killie and Stirling crowds (and possibly Dundee Utd), those are shockers.

Early cup games have always been poor crowds. Many people on holiday, not on season ticket, rather spend their day enjoying the sun in a beer garden etc etc.

In saying that, i thought the 430 travelling Morton fans was a decent number!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, madton said:

Early cup games have always been poor crowds. Many people on holiday, not on season ticket, rather spend their day enjoying the sun in a beer garden etc etc.

The SPFL say they were responding to demand for summer football.

It looks like only about half the regulars demanded or attended. If it was designed to bring in the less regular attenders, that doesn't seem to have worked either.

The SPFL say they were responding to demand for summer football.
It looks like only about half the regulars demanded or attended. If it was designed to bring in the less regular attenders, that doesn't seem to have worked either.
I wonder what the attendances would have been in mid November for the same ties, not on the season books and with your bollocks freezing off.

I'd wager they would be much worse.

9 hours ago, madton said:

Killie vs St Mirren had all those factors plus live on TV.

I wonder what the attendances would have been in mid November for the same ties, not on the season books and with your bollocks freezing off.

I'd wager they would be much worse.

Not so sure. Regulars would be more likely to attend in the middle of the season. Presumably the whole point if 'summer football' is to entice along people who don't normally go. Based on crowds over the last couple of seasons this doesn't seem to have worked. The whole idea seems a bit half hearted with most games being treated as glorified friendlies

Queens attendance last night was a tad down from Saturday with only 788 bothering to turn up. Unless there is a title challenge this season I suspect many crowds would unlikely break the 1,000 barrier as fans are getting more and more fed up of playing the same teams every other week. 

I think there was something like 390 at our game with Cowdenbeath last night. About 100 less than when we played them two years ago in the same competition.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

425 at the Rock last night, which isn't actually too bad (we got 366 v Annan last year). Looked like QP brought a pretty respectable number.

There was 1 QP fan who sat in the home end strangely, in the front row.  I couldn't for the life of me understand why. Complained a lot about our players falling over and shouted "SPIDERS" occasionally.

Apart from the Killie and Stirling crowds (and possibly Dundee Utd), those are shockers.

I don’t know what Stirling’s average crowd usually is tbh but I’ll say there was about 1000 dees there Saturday. Probably less, just going by what I seen around me and by the pic I saw.

Not so sure. Regulars would be more likely to attend in the middle of the season. Presumably the whole point if 'summer football' is to entice along people who don't normally go. Based on crowds over the last couple of seasons this doesn't seem to have worked. The whole idea seems a bit half hearted with most games being treated as glorified friendlies

I am not sure that you can make assessments based on glorified friendlies at the start of the Glasgow fair holiday. If it was a league game half way through the season, I think there would be marked differences in the attendances

Archived