The Meh Derby: Kilmarnock v St. Johnstone

Just for clarity, are people from Ayrshire trying to take some kind of moral high ground here?

Finishing below a club like Kilmarnock is not something St Johnstone Football Club should ever accept, and has resulted in a lot of changes this summer. Hopefully we're up and running by the time this game comes round.

I for one will be delighted when these minks go back to booing every week and fighting off relegation  administration  ~natural order~

Mind when Michael O'Halloran dribbled round the whole village of Kilmarnock, and Murray Davidson hit the bar from his own penalty box...

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11280656/kilmarnock-up-to-fifth-in-scottish-premiership

Mind when Kilmarnock spent the whole game going through the Sainties like they didn't exist and then Tommy Temper had a meltdown and launched into an impromptu version of "YMCA" !

image.png.19bd3b3f2a6ac8f5251b7819d59a6981.png

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes congratulations on your numerous 10th place finishes. 

Keep reaching for the stars kilmarnock :thumsup2

I knew things were bad in Barbourland but quoting an S Club7 song ?

That’s why Paulo you’re going to be the first to get a kicking when you step off your combine harvester in Gods Town 

Yes congratulations on your numerous 10th place finishes. 
Keep reaching for those stars kilmarnock :thumsup2

Gretna finished above you once mate.

Gretna.

Let that sink in.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Aint't no party like an S Club party.

Rachel Stevens was magic....    But had webbed feet, apparently.

Speaking of physical mutations, is it expected that kilmarnock will have a big crowd out for this one?

:guns

I would expect so.  It'll be bigger than the same fixture last season for sure.

1st day last season - 3935

Midweek home game (TWHG) - 3807

I would expect comfortably more than 4500 at this game.

1 hour ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
9 hours ago, killiekranky said:
St J's top firm "The IBF", promoting a DVD of last seasons trouble won't help the situation. I can see this game being played behind closed doors if this keeps escalating !
220px-Greenstreet.jpg.722b609fc60e4f2d062668b5f0006840.jpg

I've seen it, was like an aggressive version of animal farm vs deliverance in places...

We just call that Saturday night.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Saints have some good attacking options with Scougall, Kennedy and Watt but that CM duo of Davidson and Wotherspoon looks powderpuff.

Not sure about this.  Obviously it grates on my soul to compliment them, but David Wotherspoon is a guy who has grown up as "one of them" and as a result knows what the derby is all about - he's turned up far too often for my liking.

Looks like it will be 4-4-2 from us to start the season. As much as I'd like Kiltie to start in front of the midfield, Clarke doesn't seem to rate him. Hopefully Stu Fin is back so we don't start the season with Scott Boyd at centre half. 

McDonald

O'Donnell Broadfoot Findlay Taylor

Burke Power Dicker Ndjioli

Boyd Erwin

Until Jones removes his thumb from his arse I'd keep him on the bench. It's also really tight between Erwin and Brophy for the second striker spot, but I think Erwin just edges it at the minute. Burke will keep his place ahead of McKenzie I reckon. 

Archived