The Meh Derby: Kilmarnock v St. Johnstone

8 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Going onto Twitter to complain about being called an irritating attention-seeking p***k is the very definition of being an irritating attention-seeking p***k. 

It sounds to me that you're an irritating attention-seeking p***k.

I don’t care, that’s not complaing, check out the laughing emojis. Results on the park matter, not irritating, attention seeking p***ks ;-) 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gav_Wallace1 said:

Match day 1 and already trying to deflect your tactically inept manager and woeful performance by slagging me off.

Not all sunshine and fun in Perth, it appears ;-) 

#WeAreKillie 

Well fair play to you for speaking up, and good on you for doing the job.

Yes agreed our tactics were poor and the performance was dreadful, no deflection at all.

But you know you don't have to speak constantly in the build up to a game?  There can be some crowd noise. Allow some 'natural' excitement and atmosphere.  All this "kilmarnock are in the tunnel stuff.." Its just complete overkill to manufacture something for me.  It's that American style cheerleading kind of announcing that rarely works over here.

But possibly that is what folk at Rugby Park prefer..

Did you do the half-time interview with Bobby Williamson?  Personal highlight was his response to the  question "we've seen some great entertainment in that first half haven't we?"

ETA - just seen the twitter post above, quite excited by all this new publicity. Does this mean I'm trending?  Or am I an attention seeking p***k as well?  Not sure how it all works...

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Well fair play to you for speaking up, and good on you for doing the job.

Yes agreed our tactics were poor and the performance was dreadful, no deflection at all.

But you know you don't have to speak constantly in the build up to a game?  There can be some crowd noise. Allow some 'natural' excitement and atmosphere.  All this "kilmarnock are in the tunnel stuff.." Its just complete overkill to manufacture something for me.  It's that American style cheerleading kind of announcing that rarely works over here.

But possibly that is what folk at Rugby Park prefer..

Did you do the half-time interview with Bobby Williamson?  Personal highlight was his response to the  question "we've seen some great entertainment in that first half haven't we?"

Yeah it was me with Bobby and that question was deliberate to get a good reaction from him mate and his answer was class and the fact you’ve mentioned it, means what I did worked, so thank you, mate.

Back to the tunnel stuff, I realise it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but we’re trying out different things at Killie as every stadium in Scotland, in my opinion, is too much of the same. Dare to be different and if it works, brilliant, if it doesn’t,  we go back to the tactics board and think of something else. The feedback back from the young kids and younger fans is that it gets them excited but totally take on board and understand what you’re saying. 

I just want our fans, to get excited and enjoy it and hopefully the away fans see what we’re doing but they aren’t at the top of my agenda, if I’m being honest mate and I’ll always raise my head above the parapet to explain things. I just like banter and think it’s missing from Scottish Football.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Away support was apparently 389, for anyone interested. Just over 4000 home fans. 

70 more fans attended than the corresponding fixture last season. 

The attendance was over 4600 so 4300 home fans. 

The attendance at this game last year was 3995 so quite a sizeable increase, not 70 as you try to suggest.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

f**k up ya dafty how am I a simpleton looking for attention? What have I said that isn't true? 

Just because you think Anderson was your best defender today doesn't mean he wasn't shite.

Because you're slavering pish.

We were poor today, kilmarnock were comfortably the better team, but our centre backs - Anderson definitely included - were amongst the few players of ours who got pass marks.

Gavin Wallace, Kilmarnock stadium announcer. The man to bring back the banter sadly missing from Scottish football. Christ.
image.png.4590942e6a27db0a9a589e461710fe6b.png
The alternative is you sat in your ironman jammies using monty jpegs that stopped being funny sometime last year

First opening day win since 2009, happy days. Our title challenge starts here.

Thought our performances in the cup got gradually better and they've set us up nicely for opening day. Meant we had a reasonably settled starting 11 who all looked match sharp. Thinking back to last season, it was our slow start that really scuppered us from finishing higher than 5th - far too many players who didn't start the season anything like fit, and took until late September to hit peak fitness, which coincided with Stevie Clarke's appointment and let us hit the ground running under him. During last season, you couldn't help but wonder what he could with with a full pre-season (check) and some summer signings (hopefully more to come on that front)

Today, I expected us to do what we so often do under SSC - come out looking to keep a clean sheet in the first half first and foremost. I thought we were dominant and enjoyed the vast majority of possession, and we were patient in our play against a stuffy St Johnstone side who were often five across the back. Although we were on top, we weren't creating clear cut chances, but like I say I think Clarke is usually just happy to get them in at half-time without the game beyond us or looking stretched and open. He does some of his best work with his half-time talks and second half changes.

Feel fans are still too quick to moan. People were getting frustrated that we weren't making chances and that Jones wasn't getting in to the game. Personally, I take far more enjoyment out of watching that patient first half play than I do the absolute shit we've been offered up all too often in recent seasons. Yes we all want goals galore, but when it's not that simple against a team who are sitting in a bit, I'll take the nice play and waiting for opportunities, over the hoofball and getting horsed that managers before SSC served up.

Came out second half much more dangerous. Was delighted to see the boy Comrie start at right back for them, as in the 2-0 game earlier this year at Rugby Park vs St Johnstone, Jones ran the poor boy ragged. He managed to find a bit more space and once he had his first nutmeg against Comrie to get into the box, the RB never got near him the rest of the game. He's absolutely hopeless, and that's twice his head has just gone completely against Jones. Thought JJ was so unlucky not to score with that mazy finished off by hitting the bar. Peach of a shot.

Quick free kick for the first was well worked by Chris Burke, who was my MOTM vs Queen's Park and would probably be a shout this week.

Second goal was a proper thunderb*****d, can't wait to see the replays. Ndjoli certainly looking another good attacking option. With Boyd a certainty to start when fit, it'll be really exciting to see who out of Brophy, Erwin and Ndjoli can play their way in to the team every week. Hopefully the competition for places will mean plenty of goals for all of them.

As for the Saints, I thought they were one of the worst teams we've seen in a while. Too early to write them off (you only have to look at the contrast in our start and the rest of our season in 17/18) but on the strength of today, they'll have to vastly improve. Their defence did well to a point, their midfield never got near ours, and I was happy to see Watt start up front. What's he done in his career since that goal versus Barcelona? Has a lot to prove this season, and has no chance with Wright's tactics. Said to my dad 5 minutes in that he would get no change whatsoever out of Boyd and Broadfoot with the lumped balls forward. The guy's about half a foot shorter than the two CBs - Boyd is a very competent Premiership defender and Broadfoot would probably be in with a shout of the league team of the year last season. What did they think would come from humping balls in to him?

If we can get another 3 points next week vs Livingston, we start our season at the right end of the table, and don't leave ourselves the horrible uphill task we did last time out!

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:
10 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:
Gavin Wallace, Kilmarnock stadium announcer. The man to bring back the banter sadly missing from Scottish football. Christ.

The alternative is you sat in your ironman jammies using monty jpegs that stopped being funny sometime last year

In which case I vote for the ironman jammies and outdated jpegs

:thumsup2

3 minutes ago, killie_lad said:
11 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

That rather seems like a false dichotomy to me. 

Also how do you know what jammies I wear? Creep.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

He hasn’t deflected it at all. He’s given a perfectly reasonable analysis of our shortcomings today of which there were plenty, as have many others. He’s then concluded with further accurate comments about the stadium announcer being an attention seeking p***k with one of those voices I’d pay vast sums of money to never hear again. None of that deflects from our poor performance or inept tactics today but it is fact. Thank you.

I wouldn't tune into BBC Radio Scotland for the traffic reports if I was you then......

Gav, you've been a breath of fresh air since you came in  mate but  you really need to read up on the Meh derby .

You were probably lucky to escape from the ground in one piece today and that was before you wound them up even more. 

When they come to town the next time you'd better hold up a white flag and apologise nicely to their hordes of travelling fans..

The white hot atmosphere really doesnt need another hot head and bampot stirring things up sir.

ps  I've just discovered  that when you spell check bampot you get tampon.................

Keep up the good work anyway and welcome to P&B.

Archived