Ayrshire friendlies

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

One thing that can't be labelled at Shortlees is shirking anyone. The level of opponents they have faced is really high. That being said, I know pre season scores mean little but surely it must be effecting confidence with these big defeats?

Look at last season never won a game pre season. The rest is HISTORY. 

Glenburn always seem to have a good squad, get good results and are in contention but when it comes 2 winning trophies and playing big games they seem 2 jobby there pants. 

A think if anyone is to challenge shortlees this year it will be glenburn or Kilbride. The mighty Thistle are crumbling hahahha

5 hours ago, alwayzzaffside said:

A think if anyone is to challenge shortlees this year it will be glenburn or Kilbride. The mighty Thistle are crumbling hahahha

Let's not be naive, HT still have a good squad and will be right up there with Shortlees again. 

Pre-season is pre-season for everyone and 1 humping means nowt in the grand scheme, when Shortlees haven't been setting the heather on fire either. 

Kilbride, hurlford ams n Glenburn should have a good battle to bridge the gap n GMW went 15 straight wins at start of the season 2 yrs ago n didn't get the job done so we'll see who does what but the challenge is now becoming greater for the top 2 which is good to see.

Let's not be naive, HT still have a good squad and will be right up there with Shortlees again. 
Pre-season is pre-season for everyone and 1 humping means nowt in the grand scheme, when Shortlees haven't been setting the heather on fire either. 
Kilbride, hurlford ams n Glenburn should have a good battle to bridge the gap n GMW went 15 straight wins at start of the season 2 yrs ago n didn't get the job done so we'll see who does what but the challenge is now becoming greater for the top 2 which is good to see.

Well said

Kilbride Thistle 3 v Viewfield 1

For what i seen of Kilbride yesterday they will be up there in all competitions. Great team and decent guys too. Viewfield have enjoyed competing against ayrshire premier teams and tbh some different decisions and the couple negative results could have been different. Games have been really tight and some great football on show. Wednesday night we play a semi final against another premier league team in Dirrans. But we will go out and do our best to compete again.

Its not all about HT and The Lees troops i believe ayrshire will witness a few upsets this year and all the better for it.

All the best to Ardrossan Castle and Kilbride Thistle for the coming season.

Kilbride Thistle 3 v Viewfield 1
For what i seen of Kilbride yesterday they will be up there in all competitions. Great team and decent guys too. Viewfield have enjoyed competing against ayrshire premier teams and tbh some different decisions and the couple negative results could have been different. Games have been really tight and some great football on show. Wednesday night we play a semi final against another premier league team in Dirrans. But we will go out and do our best to compete again.
Its not all about HT and The Lees troops i believe ayrshire will witness a few upsets this year and all the better for it.
All the best to Ardrossan Castle and Kilbride Thistle for the coming season.

If you don't mind me asking . Geographically is the cale league more of a hindrance for you's than ayrshire ? Do u feel the set up or strength of the cale league is superior to ayrshire or would you every apply to play in Ayrshire.

4 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

If you don't mind me asking . Geographically is the cale league more of a hindrance for you's than ayrshire ? Do u feel the set up or strength of the cale league is superior to ayrshire or would you every apply to play in Ayrshire.

Viewfield were founder members of the Cale league m8. Once a big name in the Scottish ammie game we are trying to work hard to get back among the elite. Ayrshire amateur suffers imo due to the amount of teams operating within close proximaty of at least 1 other ams team.  AAFA is a solid organisation however a lot of members continually up in arms over the alleged payment of players. I can guarantee the Cale league would have investigated this quickly and dealt with it harshly should it have been proven.

Its true we travel greater distances to away matches but ive yet to play on a poor surface. I wouldnt dare suggest that the Cale league is a better league than any other im fully respectful of all amateur teams. However i would say that apart from the top ayrshire teams the standard of football is more consistent along with the discipline. The referees imo are certainly of a higher calibre.

I do love watching a good blood and snotters ayrshire game though.

3 hours ago, B McK said:

Like to thank our host Shortlees for the game Saturday and their hospitality, great bunch of lads...all the best for the season ahead...

Thanks lads i wasn't at the game as i am on holiday. All the best for the upcoming season, where by all accounts you should have a very successful season. Worthy winners on the day i heard, so no complaints from all at Shortlees. Till we meet again.

11 hours ago, Boab17 said:

Viewfield were founder members of the Cale league m8. Once a big name in the Scottish ammie game we are trying to work hard to get back among the elite. Ayrshire amateur suffers imo due to the amount of teams operating within close proximaty of at least 1 other ams team.  AAFA is a solid organisation however a lot of members continually up in arms over the alleged payment of players. I can guarantee the Cale league would have investigated this quickly and dealt with it harshly should it have been proven.

Its true we travel greater distances to away matches but ive yet to play on a poor surface. I wouldnt dare suggest that the Cale league is a better league than any other im fully respectful of all amateur teams. However i would say that apart from the top ayrshire teams the standard of football is more consistent along with the discipline. The referees imo are certainly of a higher calibre.

I do love watching a good blood and snotters ayrshire game though.

If your referees are of a higher calibre when was the last cale ref to take charge of the Scottish all refs are either good or bad some are more experienced than others that's all 

If your referees are of a higher calibre when was the last cale ref to take charge of the Scottish all refs are either good or bad some are more experienced than others that's all 
Last year am sure tam gilchrist took charge of the Scottish cup final ? He's a Caledonian ref. Not that it makes a difference every association is the same there will be some really good refs and some really shite refs that's just how it goes.

2 hours ago, Safe hands sunday league said:

Well Ayrshire has a good few into the bargain also some are loved and some are hated  nature of the job though can't have a game without them so time to lay off there backs 

Whose on their backs? all I said was that In My Opinion the Cale league refs are of a higher calibre? I have not seen anything to change my opinion simple. The young ref that took our game on Saturday v Kilbride looks like a decent prospect though, I never criticise young ref's but experienced ones most certainly.

23 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Whose on their backs? all I said was that In My Opinion the Cale league refs are of a higher calibre? I have not seen anything to change my opinion simple. The young ref that took our game on Saturday v Kilbride looks like a decent prospect though, I never criticise young ref's but experienced ones most certainly.

Why critise in the 1st place m8 it's a hard enough job as it is just because you don't agree with a decision doesn't automatically mean it's wrong

Archived