Ayrshire friendlies

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 minute ago, The riddler said:

Good , mate , hope it's in a big meaningful match , where the fire is in both teams belly,s lol , all the best . 

Cheers mate take care 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hulford thistle have been chasing one of our lads most of the close season, were a first division side. The lad has signed with us 2-3 weeks ago but they are still speaking to him as they asked him to ask us if we wanted a friendly this wed as they’re opposition has pulled out! Take away from the fact he’s a signed player I’m sure the rules have changed as it used to be you could sign as many forms as u could until u played ur first game but that is no longer the case now if U sign for someone then that’s it, ur signed?? Can someone let me know if this is the case?

2 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

Hulford thistle have been chasing one of our lads most of the close season, were a first division side. The lad has signed with us 2-3 weeks ago but they are still speaking to him as they asked him to ask us if we wanted a friendly this wed as they’re opposition has pulled out! Take away from the fact he’s a signed player I’m sure the rules have changed as it used to be you could sign as many forms as u could until u played ur first game but that is no longer the case now if U sign for someone then that’s it, ur signed?? Can someone let me know if this is the case?

As soon as you sign you cannot play a game for anyone else 

3 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

So they are breaking the rules by contacting our player??

Yes they are but they play by their own rules and always have. Going by your previous posts it's obviously crosshouse so report them. But don't bank on anything being done 

11 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

So they are breaking the rules by contacting our player??

There not breaking the rules by contacting the player I wouldn’t think. Pretty sure plenty managers have seen standout players throughout the season and asked them to join up with there side when seasons done don’t think thats breaking any rules is it? If said player plays a game under anyone else now that hes signed that would be breaking the rules. Correct me if I’m wrong though I could be lol

39 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

There not breaking the rules by contacting the player I wouldn’t think. Pretty sure plenty managers have seen standout players throughout the season and asked them to join up with there side when seasons done don’t think thats breaking any rules is it? If said player plays a game under anyone else now that hes signed that would be breaking the rules. Correct me if I’m wrong though I could be lol

If they are still pursuing the player despite being told he's signed with someone else then they are indeed breaking the rules 

43 minutes ago, BingeDrinker said:

If they are still pursuing the player despite being told he's signed with someone else then they are indeed breaking the rules 

What rule is being broken then? Bit strange you can’t ask a player to sign with you if they’ve signed with someone else,how else could you strengthen your team 

47 minutes ago, The chassis said:

What rule is being broken then? Bit strange you can’t ask a player to sign with you if they’ve signed with someone else,how else could you strengthen your team 

There is nothing wrong with asking him once but if the boy informs you that he is signed with another club yet you continue too pursue him knowing that then that is tapping the player up and is most certainly against the rules. 4-3-3 said that they are still pursuing him. 

The Local Rule (in red) in the Ayrshire AFA handbookIMG_6542.jpg

I think it's clear thistle have broken the rules, what I wild say tho is tha I guarantee without fail everyclub in ayrshire has broken this rule in the last 12 months. Most may not flaunt it as much as thistle. Or maybe thistle have more haters ( rightly so ) that it is deemed worse

I agree with EWO. There probably hasn't been a club in Scotland not broke this rule at some point already but there's a difference between asking once and being informed that the boy is signed and constantly badgering the life out off him 

Archived