Ayrshire friendlies

It’s referees in general also a lot of players don’t know the rules and think you can still lunge in with studds showing etc . We had a few referees last year who were also doing junior games and they were bad too.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Gazzah said:

It’s referees in general also a lot of players don’t know the rules and think you can still lunge in with studds showing etc . We had a few referees last year who were also doing junior games and they were bad too.

What about players too misses passes and the like refs arnt  perfect but neither are players what is your opinion on swearing then m8

4 minutes ago, Safe hands sunday league said:

What about players too misses passes and the like refs arnt  perfect but neither are players what is your opinion on swearing then m8

Refs need to understand that there's a difference between aww fur fucks sake ref and f**k off ya p***k. One is a sending off and one is not. Swearing is a huge part of the amateur game whether people like it or not. I have seen some horrid tackles go unpunished but if a player swears during the heat off the moment and full of adrenalin he gets sent off?? 

6 minutes ago, CFCbhoy said:

Refs need to understand that there's a difference between aww fur fucks sake ref and f**k off ya p***k. One is a sending off and one is not. Swearing is a huge part of the amateur game whether people like it or not. I have seen some horrid tackles go unpunished but if a player swears during the heat off the moment and full of adrenalin he gets sent off?? 

That comes more from the younger inexperienced refs not the more experienced ones a have heard a certain ref swear back and actually gets welcome praise as he understands frustration your opinion of that ease m8?

4 minutes ago, Safe hands sunday league said:

That comes more from the younger inexperienced refs not the more experienced ones a have heard a certain ref swear back and actually gets welcome praise as he understands frustration your opinion of that ease m8?

We all know the Ayrshire ref who swears back. I think he is a poor referee and loves controversy but I have no issues about him swearing as it's good banter and at least players and committee know their players are not going to be sent off for it 

1 hour ago, Safe hands sunday league said:

Why critise in the 1st place m8 it's a hard enough job as it is just because you don't agree with a decision doesn't automatically mean it's wrong

Where did I criticise? I said IMO the Cale league refs were a higher standard I didn't criticise the refs I didn't say they were shite, overweight or anything I just believe Cale refs are better.  I wouldn't do the job but I was asked I question I merely replied with my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

Where did I criticise? I said IMO the Cale league refs were a higher standard I didn't criticise the refs I didn't say they were shite, overweight or anything I just believe Cale refs are better.  I wouldn't do the job but I was asked I question I merely replied with my opinion.

True m8 we all are entitled to our opinions can you recall this post started off with Ayrshire friendly then goes on about swearing and shit refs funny aunt it 

1 minute ago, Safe hands sunday league said:

True m8 we all are entitled to our opinions can you recall this post started off with Ayrshire friendly then goes on about swearing and shit refs funny aunt it 

Better than talking about HT and Shortlees all the bloody time 

Just now, Safe hands sunday league said:

Just now, Safe hands sunday league said:

To be honest I was asked about would we consider Ayshire instead of Cale and I gave my reasons why not. I believe there are loads of great teams in Ayrshire and loads of other teams that struggle due to proximity of other teams. Take Kilbirnie a 1st Division established team had to fold due to the lack of players. We are witnessing a whole host of friendlies being cancelled which does nothing for preparation. I definitely believe that Ayrshire amateur football is losing too many teams what the reasons are I don't know.  

13 minutes ago, Boab17 said:

To be honest I was asked about would we consider Ayshire instead of Cale and I gave my reasons why not. I believe there are loads of great teams in Ayrshire and loads of other teams that struggle due to proximity of other teams. Take Kilbirnie a 1st Division established team had to fold due to the lack of players. We are witnessing a whole host of friendlies being cancelled which does nothing for preparation. I definitely believe that Ayrshire amateur football is losing too many teams what the reasons are I don't know.  

A think the most important reason is work as we cannae afford to turn work away I'd much rather work on a Saturday than play football

9 hours ago, CrosshouseWav said:

Waverley 3-3 Galston

Took in this game last night, i thought Waverley were the best side by a country mile especially in the 1st half.  They changed their shape beginning beginning of the 2nd half and made quite a few subs. Waverley lost 2 scrappy goals at the death. however the game should have been out of sight by then and Waverley could have been up by 6 or 7 and thats being honest.

If Galston dont improve, i'd say they will be strong contenders for relegation this season.

20 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Took in this game last night, i thought Waverley were the best side by a country mile especially in the 1st half.  They changed their shape beginning beginning of the 2nd half and made quite a few subs. Waverley lost 2 scrappy goals at the death. however the game should have been out of sight by then and Waverley could have been up by 6 or 7 and thats being honest.

If Galston dont improve, i'd say they will be strong contenders for relegation this season.

Took this game in also and have to agree with this. If crosshouse had their shooting boots on this could have been a massacre. Worst galston side i have seen in years 

Archived