Qatar 2022

bairney

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Possibly a lot less than this one

The distances between venues were massive, the number of times tickets were available via the FIFA resale site and we were too far away to go was frustrating

For this one we intend to hire an apartment for a month and travel day by day.

Was all travel between stadia free? Heard some of the trains were. That was be cracking for US/Canada/Mexico. :lol:

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was all travel between stadia free? Heard some of the trains were. That was be cracking for US/Canada/Mexico. :lol:

Some trains yes, so you had to have a match ticket for the city you were going to and then want to go back to where you had come from. The best way to do it would have been to stay in Moscow for the length of the time your team were playing and then travel about. The trains were not fast, apart from Moscow to St Petersburg which was under 4 hours. We went Moscow to Volgograd in 21 hours and Moscow to Kazan was 16 hours from memory.  

49 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Possibly a lot less than this one

The distances between venues were massive, the number of times tickets were available via the FIFA resale site and we were too far away to go was frustrating

For this one we intend to hire an apartment for a month and travel day by day.

An apartment in Qatar, whilst the World Cup is on, for a month.

How pricey will that be?

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

An apartment in Qatar, whilst the World Cup is on, for a month.

How pricey will that be?

Not too bad as they're going self-Qataring.  :thumsup2

On 7/15/2018 at 19:57, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Getting up a the crack of dawn to see Ronaldinho destroy England never leaves you mate.

I remember stumbling out of my bed at my student flat, switching on the radio literally at the very second Ronaldinho scored. Joyous times.

17 hours ago, forameus said:

Plus a Winter World Cup means it'll be similarly interesting to see what batshit stuff the football world comes up with to get around it.

This is my big concern about it, aside from what it means for the World Cup itself. What better chance will idiots get to impose summer football on Scotland for good?

• 2 weeks later...

The reference to rugby playing students protesting in Melbourne sounds a load of shite as Melbourne has never been a hot bed for either rugby code. Perhaps they can’t tell the difference between egg chaser balls and meant aerial ping pong. IMG_0546.jpgIMG_0547.jpgIMG_0548.jpgIMG_0549.jpgIMG_0550.jpg

To be fair, I don't think any Word Cup has had KO times that didn't suit the host nation.
Wasn't the big issue with the Mexico World Cup in 1986 that they had 12 noon kick offs in the worst of the heat to suit European TV audiences? Also meant they were in during the workday for the Mexicans but in prime time over here.

On 17/07/2018 at 06:50, hk blues said:

To be fair, I don't think any Word Cup has had KO times that didn't suit the host nation.

I think Fifa have got round this recently by awarding the world cup to countries where the local time is no more than 2 hours ahead of Central Europe. In the case of Brazil and USA/ Canada/ Mexico, the kick off times will probably  better than a European world cup - no matches before 5pm UK time. 

11 hours ago, sparky88 said:

I think Fifa have got round this recently by awarding the world cup to countries where the local time is no more than 2 hours ahead of Central Europe. In the case of Brazil and USA/ Canada/ Mexico, the kick off times will probably  better than a European world cup - no matches before 5pm UK time. 

I'm not sure about the time difference suiting the UK/Europe - 5 or 6 hours time difference meaning evening kick-offs will be early morning in the UK/Europe