France v Croatia - World Cup Final!

banana

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
15 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:
Yer Da overload occurring emoji38.png

Only if yer da knows more about football than you do, which judging by your post...is the case.

Sorry Da :angel :angel

It was a penalty for me.
If a French striker had made the same movement with his arm and scored using his hand everyone would say the goal should be ruled out for a handball.
People wanting Croatia to do well letting themselves get a bit carried away.

Mate, as you can see on my profile I tipped France pre tournament but I am annoyed that subjective decisions like this can be resolved by TV.
Football should be about great goals from open play and not dodgy penalties which is what VAR is producing...

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

* the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
* the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)*
*the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence"

Watch it at REAL SPEED and it is never a penalty in a million years.

Watch his eyes - he's trying to find the ball, not put his hand in the way of it.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

It's a penalty ffs, he clearly puts his arm down to block the ball going past :lol: 

How can he tell the ball is going low when it deflects a yard in front of him.

He is supposed to keep his arm low because if you have your arms high it is a clear unnatural position and a stonewall penalty.

Looking forward to the second half. Could eclipse first half for absolute scenes. 

Croatia have played well but they must be absolutely triggered now. How that manifests itself either way will be absolutely stunning!

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Mate, as you can see on my profile I tipped France pre tournament but I am annoyed that subjective decisions like this can be resolved by TV.
Football should be about great goals from open play and not dodgy penalties which is what VAR is producing...

Except I don't think it was a dodgy decision. Plus VAR doesn't claim to make the correct decisions, it allows a referee a review an incident. It's still down to the ref to make the judgements, whether you agree or not. VAR has nothing to do with that.

Just to get this back on to the "f**k Harry, give him f**k all" track, why was France's first goal given as an OG and Croatia's wasn't which took even more of a deflection???
It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Goal of the Tournament is a bit early - 45 minutes left yet.

Still, they’ve got to fill the “half time England bit” with something, I suppose.

Kane's backheel, imo :lol:

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

* the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
* the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)*
*the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence"

Watch it at REAL SPEED and it is never a penalty in a million years.
See I disagree with you, but that's why VAR isn't the solution, because the rule is still subjective. IMO it was a penalty, but it would NEVER have been given without VAR and I respect that others don't think it was a penalty. Therefore VAR doesn't help.

Archived