France v Croatia - World Cup Final!

banana

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect France to win but would be delighted with Croatia winning. The English 'it should've been us' has already been massive. Just imagine the hurt they'll suffer for eternity if Croatia  actually do win it. Lovely.

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

The earlier the goal the more chance of a hattrick each for Griezmann and Mbappe thus ensuring Jane doesn't even get the runners up spot for the Golden Boot, that would just round it off lovely!!!

Something like a 4-3 Croatia win would do nicely then...

I do feel like Croatia will need to score first to have a chance. They’ve came from behind before, but the French defence will make it very difficult for them if France take the lead.

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not bothered who wins so long as it’s a good game.  These finals have been a combination of dross and excellence and I’d hate to see a cagey 1-0 win for either side.

An early goal, some excellent individual performances and the occasional odd heads gone would be nice.

Oh, and no talk about England.

I think this World Cup has been outstanding, although the lack of hilarious red cards has been a let down (who here can really say they don't partially watch these tournaments to see players they've never heard of lose the plot for no apparent reason?).   A good, open final would be in keeping with the rest of the tournament, although I can see Croatia trying to turn it into a slog.  

Croatia to score first might not be a bad thing.

The earlier the goal the more chance of a hattrick each for Griezmann and Mbappe thus ensuring Jane doesn't even get the runners up spot for the Golden Boot, that would just round it off lovely!!!

Also we won’t have to hear how Geoff Hurst was the only ever player ever to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final. It’s a travesty that Kane could get the golden boot as well tbf considering how many penalties he had and he fact he scored them against the worst teams at the tournament.

On 12/07/2018 at 21:49, Romer said:

Uruguay as well, won two world cups and reached a semi in 2010. Population under four million. Scottish football needs a revamp. 

I blame the OF in cohorts with the SFA. They keep their pounds rolling in and f*** the rest of Scottish Football as far as they are concerned.

Sterling struck fear into the Croatian defence every time he ran at them at pace in the first half of the semi, but had little end product (surprise). I think Mbappe- a player who is good at kicking a football- will have a field day if allowed to do the same. 

At the end of the day, whichever team scores the most goals will win this final.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Only one opposition goal shown by the BBC in their round-up of France and Croatia's route to the final.

I noticed that too.

If you want to be fair*, you could say that they were planning on showing all the semifinal goals, it just so happened that France kept a clean sheet.

*f**k being fair, fucking typical of the c***s

I try not to get too pissy about England content when they're 90% of the Beeb's viewership but ffs, this has been some World Cup, with an exciting final coming up. Are they really going to spend half of the build up going over the same England pish again?

Can't see past France but Croatia have proven me wrong on a few occasions already. Supporting France for bets but seeing Croatia do it would be pretty neat.

Archived