France v Croatia - World Cup Final!

banana

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I'm struggling to feel any great desire to see the underdogs win. A win for pretty much anyone on that side of the draw would feel like they'd won by scraping through one game against quality opposition. None of them looked like anything other than 'B' grade jobbers.

But, f**k it. Croatia winning the World Cup would be the biggest surprise since 1954 and, considering that was the first time the Germans won, I think it's safe to say they'd be the biggest winning outsiders ever. 'mon the Croats.

I would love to see Croatia win for sheer underdog value. The English media will all die of spontaneous combustion as a result of trying to decide who they hate more, England's conquerors or the French.

25 minutes ago, gruppenfuhrer said:

shows how bad football is theses days this croatia team is no  where near as good as the 98 croatia team

Debatable. Modric and Rakitic are undeniably world class players, and you've also got Mandzukic, Perisic, Kovacic (who can't even get a start for this NT) and Vrsaljko who are very good. Even the poorer starters in their 11 play for clubs like Besiktas, Frankfurt and Sampdoria.

The Croatia team from 98 brings back nostalgic memories but this one is just as good on paper, if not better.

1 minute ago, nsr said:

I would love to see Croatia win for sheer underdog value. The English media will all die of spontaneous combustion as a result of trying to decide who they hate more, England's conquerors or the French.

The French. Always the French.

They'll be happy to have been put out by the eventual champions, with a side salad of, "if they managed to beat France, we'd have done it too. If only the team hadn't been so tired in the semi", etc.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Debatable. Modric and Rakitic are undeniably world class players, and you've also got Mandzukic, Perisic, Kovacic (who can't even get a start for this NT) and Vrsaljko who are very good. Even the poorer starters in their 11 play for clubs like Besiktas, Frankfurt and Sampdoria.

The Croatia team from 98 brings back nostalgic memories but this one is just as good on paper, if not better.

true, but come on mandzukic is no davor suker, boban was better than rakitic , look at boksic, prosinecki, jarni,bilic, simic, asanovic, as i have said before if not for  war yugoslavia would have been a great team for 6/8 years, better than what spain were ? who knows

Archived