I'll Have What ......

beefybake

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

But resources are limited, and always will be.

Some kids have been dealt a shit hand in life and it's only right that they get a bit more support.

Some schools do need to push those in the middle and the top a bit more but in my experience they're well aware of that too.

Spot on.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2018 at 23:58, gruppenfuhrer said:

local under 9 team , managers says its just  fun, a winning mentality as to be drummed into them soon as poss, thats why the team get beat 11-1,  13-1 every other week

I thought you older than that.

This.  When I play football, I absolutely want to win, but I also know that if I don't it isn't the end of the world.  You can be competitive without it being the only thing that matters.  Certain coaches will take it too far - I was waiting for a work 11s game and there was a youth age group game going on.  No idea what age group as it was one of those games with hulking great kids with beards playing wee tiny guys.  Half-time whistle blew, and the coach screamed blue murder for his team to get over there.  He then bollocked them for 5 minutes before sending them back out.  Two minutes later one of their players had been offered to leave the pitch for a shocking tackle and dissent, with another quickly following him for sarcastically clapping and then talking back to the ref.  Those kinds of coaches could not get far enough to f**k for me.  But shockingly none of the parents on the side seemed to be batting an eyelid.  If it had been my son I'd be looking for another team for him where the coach wasn't a complete sociopath VL.
For all the criticism of the SFA, they're dead against this kind of thing but can't prevent schools, boys brigade, unaffiliated leagues etc from being like this. The boys and their parents think uncompetitive football is for pussies and they just go elsewhere.

Is this the type you're after ?

Carlos, born 10 years before his time.

5b453b8d17ace_05-Carlos20MAC20ALLISTER20Boca20Juniors.jpg.8f13e733243959c55d64d77fa7e85e28.jpg

Turns out he was a Left-Back, so obviously he was that rare combination of being decent and Scottish!!!

Looks very moist in Croatia as well according to that.

This is their President, are you not moist???

IMG_3932.thumb.jpg.e32bb2e01fbe2c240ae763d61aa2a92c.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg.7feb3e02d1b4033e5c01bd89f6650f4e.jpg

I have a vague memory that one of their adverts had a tagline which was rather amusing 'They're so big you have to grin to get them in'

I refer you to the photograph above!!!

Archived