• Last Reply
10 hours ago, blackislekillie said:

In no particular order

Frank Beattie
Willie Waddell
Alexie Eremenko
Tommy Burns
Davie Sneddon

You'd consider Eremenko, who had a couple of amazing seasons with us over Monty who lives and breathes the club even to this day, always gave 10000000% and brought back the Scottish Cup to Rugby Park, uniting the town for the first time in a generation? 

I only started supporting Motherwell in about 2002 so for me:

James McFadden - his sale played a part in saving the club.

Stephen Craigan- a guy with limited ability that gave his all and is the most improved player I’ve seen at Fir Park due to his dedication. A great leader and a good guy.

Michael Higdon- who else can win the player of the season and get arrested on the same night? What a fucking guy.

Jim Paterson - literally ran through an east stand wall for the cause. And for the step overs of course.

Jamie Murphy - came through the youth system and went on to become the clubs record European goal scorer.

Scott Mcdonald - played his part in skippy Sunday and beating Rangers 6-1 many years later in the playoffs. Good memories.

There’s probably more and people I’ve forgot but that’ll do. Although I’ll give Lasley, Hammell and Les Hutchinson a mention.

The first 3 need no introduction:

Alan Gilzean

Bobby Cox

Bob Shankly

The next is a forgotten man by our younger supporters but I know of him through my grandad:

George Anderson - Dundee's postwar manager who almost won the league, was the first team to win back-to-back League Cups and laid the foundations for the League Championship winning team.

Last spot goes for me to one of of the most talented players to ever wear the dark blue - Billy Steel.

Archived