The Barbecue thread

4 hours ago, sjc said:

I'm looking to build a BBQ in the garden. Was hoping for it to also have a pizza oven and smoker. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Tip 1 - check with the local HOA / neighbours as they might not allow them

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Tip 1 - check with the local HOA / neighbours as they might not allow them

Yeh, spoke to the wife about this already. She seems to think it'll be fine but i agree with you that I need to get it confirmed first.

3 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Pretty decent channel on YouTube I sometimes watch.

Ballistic BBQ

Yeah he has some really good content, the voice is a bit grating at times, but on the whole he is decent. 

I did his Five Guys burger a couple weeks back and genuinely couldn't believe how close it tasted. 

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah he has some really good content, the voice is a bit grating at times, but on the whole he is decent. 

I did his Five Guys burger a couple weeks back and genuinely couldn't believe how close it tasted. 

Aye a lot of his gear is pretty much outwith our scope, but the copycat recipes are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Done a bit of bbqing on sat and sun this weekend despite the weather being shite. Done a beer can chicken, bbq beans and a couple of baked tatties on the drum on sat, but on sunday i done some chicken thighs wrapped in bacon and filled with cream cheese. Glazed them after with some mopping sauce i got at the supermarket and they were the nuts. IMAG0336~2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Pulled pork, brisket, smoked macaroni, sweet potato casserole corn on the cob and bacon wraped asparagus. Proberly/definatly the most ambitious cooking ive done yet. The big downers were i over cooked the corn and the brisket was a bit dry. I think the brisket was becouse it didnt have enough of a fat cap.IMAG0349.jpg

2 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:
17 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:
Eastern Carolina bbq sauce (vinegar based) has no equal.

Any recipies. I usually g9 to you tube and how to bbq right for recipies but they talk mostly about meat and just assume that vinigar sauce is easy ti come by

Sorry I am useless at making sauces so id say Google probably.  I think this is the best Ive bought, Chicago company that sells well even down here in Carolina.  Not sure if they would send overseas, their South Carolina mustard sauce is good too.

https://lilliesq.com/   

19 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

Pulled pork, brisket, smoked macaroni, sweet potato casserole corn on the cob and bacon wraped asparagus. Proberly/definatly the most ambitious cooking ive done yet. The big downers were i over cooked the corn and the brisket was a bit dry. I think the brisket was becouse it didnt have enough of a fat cap.IMAG0349.jpg

Cooked meat on a raw fish coloured board. :thumbsdown

Archived