The Barbecue thread

It is now time to start taking the weather for granted.

So, share your bbq creations here...

I am working with an Outback spectrum 3 burner gas grill. I have recently (about 4 minutes ago) ordered a smoker box and some wood chips.

The last thing I cooked was a spatchcocked chicken and it was fantastic.

Next think will be a monster chunk of beef, and possibly beer can chicken.

What does P&B like to serve burnt to a cinder yet still frozen in the middle?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A barbecue uses charcoal.

My ideal set up would be one of each tbh. I dont currently have a charcoal one but I will one day. Anyway the charcoal v gas arguement has been going on for years and will continue according to the learned barbecueists I found on google earlier. So its pointless debating it here.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
A barbecue uses charcoal.

Anyway the charcoal v gas arguement has been going on for years and will continue according to the learned barbecueists I found on google earlier. So its pointless debating it here.

Never stopped us in the past.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
31 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:
If it uses gas it's just a cooker.

I dont have a grill with gas burners underneath it and a retractable hood over it in my kitchen, so no, its not.

Just put the bottom element on in the oven and open the door every now and then for the same effect.

Was at a BBQ once and it was one of the gas ones being used to cook on, noticed the person doing the cooking kept spraying the food, turned out this spary made it taste like it had been on a real BBQ. 

37 minutes ago, supermik said:

Fitted one of these a couple of years back. Runs off the mains gas. Cost the folk over 3 grand! 

3E5056B4-4F80-4F3E-AB3B-A4D6EE8BD064.jpeg

If you wanted to give that to me, that would be fine.

Use a chiminea base. Same idea as this but on a stand so its at a better height.

421173adad0c12980c86f64f965c3fc1.jpg

Use either charcoal or wood. For some things I use an iron skillet on it, the missus being a veggie there's not a lot of fat in her BBQ options so it stops them turning to charcoal themselves too quickly.  Just do the usual stuff, burgers, marinated chicken legs, steaks etc,  tried doing pizzas in it (with the hood on)  but its not hot enough. Working on the missus to get a pizza oven for those.

Corn on the cob if best on a barby for some reason. 

Archived