England and their celebration scenes

Guest DAVIDB69

I see the the blonde girl who was filmed dancing on the ambulance has been revealed as a jock from East Kilbride.

Embarrassing and disgraceful, and smashing up an emergency vehicle isn't exactly a good look, either. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, nsr said:

I remember years ago watching Ingurland triumph in a World Cup match and the delighted producers showed us quick clips of the celebrations from the streets of London/Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds etc. When they went out I was hoping we'd get to see the celebrations from Glasgow/Cardiff/Dublin/Berlin/Buenos Aires etc but we didn't.

I do recall the BBC news when they played Germany in the Euro 96 semi.  After showing scenes of celebration around England when Shearer put them ahead, the reaction they filmed for the German equaliser came from a pub in Glasgow.

Currently down south and instead of going out for a few beers and watching footy in the boozer I'll not be venturing out.
If I were in France, Belgium or Croatia for their world cup semi final I'd be desperate to go out and soak up the atmosphere.
There in lies the difference.

On 10/07/2018 at 10:52, thisal said:

Remember Manchester. Whether they or you like it it or not they were Scottish. Wembley '77 pitch dug up and goalpost destroyed vandalism all over west London. We've twice had fighting on the pitch after our Cup Final. Sun comes out spur of the moment party in Kelvingrove Park or Troon beach ends in riot. Big game live on tele on holiday weekend violence in pubs and the home increases. Don't kid yourself we are a lot more alike than you think. 

One incident from 40 years ago. The rest involving those cuddly, Union Jack waving, Rule Britannia singing chappies, Scottish only by birth. To advance your argument you'd need at least half a dozen examples involving the TA, foreign cities, riot shields and water cannon. Instead you get things like this:

I must admit the England support has improved a lot in recent years but that's meant changing to appreciate other cultures, rather than treating them as inferior.

33 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

One incident from 40 years ago. The rest involving those cuddly, Union Jack waving, Rule Britannia singing chappies, Scottish only by birth. To advance your argument you'd need at least half a dozen examples involving the TA, foreign cities, riot shields and water cannon. Instead you get things like this:

I must admit the England support has improved a lot in recent years but that's meant changing to appreciate other cultures, rather than treating them as inferior.

As I said whether you or they like it they're Scottish. Also of the three incidents involving them they only acted alone in one of them. The 2 most recent events mentioned didn't involve them  (as a group) at all. 

We complain when others have a stereotyped view of what a Scotsman is. But it seems some of the worst culprits are nearer to home.

On 7/11/2018 at 06:47, Lurkst said:

I do recall the BBC news when they played Germany in the Euro 96 semi.  After showing scenes of celebration around England when Shearer put them ahead, the reaction they filmed for the German equaliser came from a pub in Glasgow.

I was in London during that tournament; after the group stage, there was a segment on London Tonight (or whatever the early evening news was called) where they interviewed Scotland fans about whether they'd be supporting England now that Scotland were out. The reaction was unanimously lolzers, which was met with genuine surprise and a bit of mild offence. Bless.

Archived