Ante Post Betting 2018/19

welshbairn

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I ended up going large on Hull getting demoted at 40/1, even if they finish the league in the summer they'll probably have all their injured players back fit again. Could have cashed in at 10/1 for £550.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

I wonder how the bookmakers will settle season bets!

Sounds like they'll pay out when everything is confirmed. Not sure how they'll handle reconstruction for promotion and relegation bets though, if that happens. I thought they'd just void all bets.

However, with Scottish football possibly heading for the courts, bookies are waiting to see the next chapter before paying out.

Scottish firm McBookie.com spokesman Paul Petrie said: "These are unprecedented times in Scottish football and we need to be sure these titles are 100 per cent official and not subject to further legal action, which could yet impact on the eventual outcome.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bookies-spfl-title-admission-punters-21873833

One of my bets were Falkirk / Cove Rangers double so I'm losing that one but one of my biggest winners of the year would be if Bournemouth get relegated.  I don't think we'll have any relegation in Scotland due to the league restructuring but there won't be any league structuring down south but will there be promotion / relegation ?

1 hour ago, gameofthrones said:

One of my bets were Falkirk / Cove Rangers double so I'm losing that one but one of my biggest winners of the year would be if Bournemouth get relegated.  I don't think we'll have any relegation in Scotland due to the league restructuring but there won't be any league structuring down south but will there be promotion / relegation ?

Don't think they look like deciding anything soon, but this is being talked about. No idea how the bookies would handle it.

One idea being pushed forward again is to promote current Championship top two Leeds and West Brom, not relegate anyone from the top flight and go with a 22-team competition, which would increase the number of TV games and potentially avoid the need to repay this season's broadcast money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52307147

Sky bet have settled Cove and Dundee Utd as winners for me but Falkirk doesn't ssy lost. Strange.

On 16/04/2020 at 15:07, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:
On 16/04/2020 at 12:29, gameofthrones said:

Sky bet have settled Cove and Dundee Utd as winners for me but Falkirk doesn't ssy lost. Strange.

Bet365 have counted them as winners so far. They've voided all other lower Scottish leagues for now.