Thai Cave Rescue

Bit late to the show I suppose, but apparentely the kids will be fitted for diving and made to navigate their way to the entrance, considering the monsoon's coming and oxygen is running out.

Included the kids' names so no one can go for a Pongnutsack joke. Do note that one of them is wearing an Ingurland shirt.

4E05BFA500000578-0-image-a-93_1530996961

1531044391754.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Bit late to the show I suppose, but apparentely the kids will be fitted for diving and made to navigate their way to the entrance, considering the monsoon's coming and oxygen is running out.

Included the kids' names so no one can go for a Pongnutsack joke. Do note that one of them is wearing an Ingurland shirt.

4E05BFA500000578-0-image-a-93_1530996961

1531044391754.png

I like how the graphic has them swimming through crystal clear water - according to one of the divers it is like swimming through coffee. 

Must be terrifying for the poor b*****ds.

Not really up to speed with the story, but was there no way water could have been pumped out? The hole made a bit bigger? (kenneth williams gif) or an extraction like the one that rescued the Chilean miners a few years back?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I like how the graphic has them swimming through crystal clear water - according to one of the divers it is like swimming through coffee. 

I understand why they decided to represent the water this way, for the sake of the reader being able to see what would be going on, but using end-to-end Mars bars to illustrate the narrowest opening is just stupid.

Praying for my boy Nuttawut to get out safely.

Just now, LincolnHearts said:

Must be terrifying for the poor b*****ds.

Not really up to speed with the story, but was there no way water could have been pumped out? The hole made a bit bigger? (kenneth williams gif) or an extraction like the one that rescued the Chilean miners a few years back?

They've been pumping out water for days but the monsoon season starting doesn't help.

Just now, welshbairn said:

They've been pumping out water for days but the monsoon season starting doesn't help.

According to the news earlier they had made a proper c**t of it and were pumping water into the cave. Easy mistake to make I suppose :blink:

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The water they pump out has to go somewhere.

They've flooded a load of rice paddies. I thought that would be a good thing. Two boys are out.

Archived