• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Given that it's but a day until proceedings kick off, I figure it's time to chip in with my two cents.

1 - Clyde, who really, really, really should be leaving the basement division finally. Best player in the league, decent managerial set-up

2 - Peterhead, who are this high up by virtue of their budget. Why McInally is still in charge, I don't really know. Another long and ultimately disappointing season

3 - Stirling Albion, because why not? Close but no cigar, decent chance to make the step up via play-offs

4 - Edinburgh City, my pick for surprise package this season. Impressive signings like Balatoni, and good squad depth

5 - Queen's Park, who I expect to be decent but ultimately not up to snuff

6 - Annan, who could very well finish 7th or 8th, but impressed in the League Cup

7 - Elgin, who don't seem to have quite as good a squad as last season

8 - Cowdenbeath, who seem to get quite a bit of hype, but I'm really just not feeling it

9 - Berwick, another skin-of-our-teeth season which will hopefully serve as a development year for Horn's squad

10 - Albion Rovers, who come into the division with half of Alloa's development squad, a manager that hasn't managed in League football for over 20 years, and financial ruin

A couple of cheeky picks in there, such as Edinburgh in 4th and Berwick in 9th (we are pish), but I don't see the League going much differently than this. Biggest point of contention is spots 6 through 8, which could be occupied by any of Annan, Elgin, and Cowden.

Edited by DutchBorderer

1 - Peterhead - Derek Lyle to fire them to the title.

2 - Stirling Albion - simply the second best side in the league.

3 - Queen's Park - distracted by the talk of the sale of Hampden but a good enough manager to guide them to a play off semi final defeat.

4 - Clyde - another season of improvement for Clyde.

5 -  Cowdenbeath FC - 18 red cards this season.

6 - Annan Athletic - a carbon copy of every single season they have ever had in the "senior" set up. Interchangeable with Edinburgh City.

7 - Edinburgh City - overrated and will falter after a good start.

8 - Elgin City - a season of struggle I feel.

9 - Berwick Rangers - manage to stay up on goals conceded.

10 - Albion Rovers - garbage. Wont win a game all season.

Always a difficult league to predict. At the moment I would go for Peterhead. QP and Clyde to occupy top 3 in any order. Albion and Berwick to occupy bottom 2 and the rest anywhere in the middle. All depends on who stays best clear of injuries and suspensions and loans coming in. I have a sneaky feeling Annan may be a surprise package for some. Think their manager knows what he is doing. As for my own team it has been a tough pre season, due in part to injuries but young players/ fringe players coming in have done well. I personally think the squad is stronger, if Shane fires he will be like a new signing, Omar I think could do well alongside him and with Reilly leaving it allows Cameron, when fit, to play in his preferred central midfield position where he is one of the best in the league and offers far more than Reilly. Hopefully defence performs better and change of formation may help. An improvement in our away form would also help. A lot of ifs and buts though!

Viewing from afar (the English Midlands) I don't have enough knowledge of L2. However, my heart tells me that this is the year that Clyde Fc starts on the road to recovery. As an old timer whose first memory of watching them beat PT 3-2 at Firhill in 1954, fielding 3 internationals, CFC is thoroughly cemented in my veins, uncomfortable though that sounds! If they can get more local support from their base of 20 years, they have the potential to grow again into a team to be respected in Scotland.

C'mon The bully Wee!

1- Peterhead
2- Annan
3 - Clyde
4 - Queens Park 
5- Stirling 
6- Elgin
7- Edinburgh City
8- Cowdenbeath
9- Berwick
10- Albion R

On 03/08/2018 at 13:24, Muzza81 said:

1 - Peterhead - Derek Lyle to fire them to the title.

3 - Queen's Park - distracted by the talk of the sale of Hampden but a good enough manager to guide them to a play off semi final defeat.

4 - Clyde - another season of improvement for Clyde.

5 -  Cowdenbeath FC - 18 red cards this season.

6 - Annan Athletic - a carbon copy of every single season they have ever had in the "senior" set up. Interchangeable with Edinburgh City.

7 - Edinburgh City - overrated and will falter after a good start.

8 - Elgin City - a season of struggle I feel.

9 - Berwick Rangers - manage to stay up on goals conceded.

10 - Albion Rovers - garbage. Wont win a game all season.

Few good and bad things in your list there muzz. Cowden 5th is a stick on.. 18 red cards...