• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Clyde - they have the best player and possibly the best manager in the league (and a pretty good assistant manager too).

2. Queen’s Park - seems they’ve recruited very well, they could spring a surprise.

3. Peterhead - should be better but McInally will be McInally. They’ve also weakened a little I believe. 

4. Stirling Albion - another season of meh as off the park struggles prevent more meaningful investment. 

5. Elgin - they’ll be good at home and crap away as per usual. 

6. Cowdenbeath - finally a season where they don’t look utterly doomed. 

7. Annan - they could finish anywhere between 4th and 8th. 

8. Edinburgh - should probably do better than this but I’ll believe it when I see it. 

9. Berwick - another season of pish for these guys, only being saved by the team below. 

10. Albion Rovers - I hope I’m wrong. I hope it’s Berwick. But the managerial appointment and recruitment policy smacks of a club who will do very well to finish above anyone this season. 

Looking at it from the outside (for a change!) it looks to me like nobody will run away with top spot but I imagine it will be contested by Clyde, Peterhead and Stirling Albion. I just have a feeling Clyde won't do as well as expected but the same goes for Peterhead. Stirling flatter to deceive as well but will be in the mix. Outsiders I think will be Elgin City who I have a feeling will at least make the play-offs.

QP - well they are changed from year to year so could finish anywhere - who knows.

Edin City I think will be mid table and more comfortable than usual but I'm not sure about Annan Athletic who normally I'd expect to be mid table as well but I know they are a bit threadbare and could struggle if they don't get a good start. Cowden I think will be mid table as surely they will not be as bad again - will they?

Contesting the wrong end of the table I expect to be Berwick and Albion Rovers but with no disrespect to either.

However there will always be surprises at either end of the table - but who?

On 7/28/2018 at 20:46, BinoBalls said:

3. Peterhead - should be better but McInally will be McInally. They’ve also weakened a little I believe. 

Technically on paper I think we are stronger this season, but the cup has  maybe shown otherwise.

Doubt it’ll be a million miles away from:

1 - Clyde
2 - Peterhead
3 - Stirling Albion
4 - Edinburgh City
5 - Queens Park
6 - Cowdenbeath
7 - Elgin City
8 - Annan Athletic
9 - Berwick Rangers
10 - Albion Rovers

1. Clyde
  2. Queens Park
  3. Stirling Albion
  4. Peterhead
  5. Elgin City
  6. Edinburgh City
  7. Albion Rovers
  8. Annan Athletic
  9. Cowdenbeath
  10. Berwick Rangers

It could be a difficult start for us with 3 key players missing through injury.

I've put Clyde first simply because it will be hilarious watching them fail.

Peterhead have had a disastrous Betfred campaign failing to score a single goal. Reckon McInally might be gone before Xmas.

4 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
50 minutes ago, NewBlue said:
I have been saying that for the last 2 seasons emoji3.png (might finally be right this season though :unsure:)

Thought the story was he handed his resignation in at end of season and was knocked back

Yeah he 'offered' to resign and apparently the board persuaded him to stay.

Given that it's but a day until proceedings kick off, I figure it's time to chip in with my two cents.

1 - Clyde, who really, really, really should be leaving the basement division finally. Best player in the league, decent managerial set-up

2 - Peterhead, who are this high up by virtue of their budget. Why McInally is still in charge, I don't really know. Another long and ultimately disappointing season

3 - Stirling Albion, because why not? Close but no cigar, decent chance to make the step up via play-offs

4 - Edinburgh City, my pick for surprise package this season. Impressive signings like Balatoni, and good squad depth

5 - Queen's Park, who I expect to be decent but ultimately not up to snuff

6 - Annan, who could very well finish 7th or 8th, but impressed in the League Cup

7 - Elgin, who don't seem to have quite as good a squad as last season

8 - Cowdenbeath, who seem to get quite a bit of hype, but I'm really just not feeling it

9 - Berwick, another skin-of-our-teeth season which will hopefully serve as a development year for Horn's squad

10 - Albion Rovers, who come into the division with half of Alloa's development squad, a manager that hasn't managed in League football for over 20 years, and financial ruin

A couple of cheeky picks in there, such as Edinburgh in 4th and Berwick in 9th (we are pish), but I don't see the League going much differently than this. Biggest point of contention is spots 6 through 8, which could be occupied by any of Annan, Elgin, and Cowden.

1 - Peterhead - Derek Lyle to fire them to the title.

2 - Stirling Albion - simply the second best side in the league.

3 - Queen's Park - distracted by the talk of the sale of Hampden but a good enough manager to guide them to a play off semi final defeat.

4 - Clyde - another season of improvement for Clyde.

5 -  Cowdenbeath FC - 18 red cards this season.

6 - Annan Athletic - a carbon copy of every single season they have ever had in the "senior" set up. Interchangeable with Edinburgh City.

7 - Edinburgh City - overrated and will falter after a good start.

8 - Elgin City - a season of struggle I feel.

9 - Berwick Rangers - manage to stay up on goals conceded.

10 - Albion Rovers - garbage. Wont win a game all season.

Always a difficult league to predict. At the moment I would go for Peterhead. QP and Clyde to occupy top 3 in any order. Albion and Berwick to occupy bottom 2 and the rest anywhere in the middle. All depends on who stays best clear of injuries and suspensions and loans coming in. I have a sneaky feeling Annan may be a surprise package for some. Think their manager knows what he is doing. As for my own team it has been a tough pre season, due in part to injuries but young players/ fringe players coming in have done well. I personally think the squad is stronger, if Shane fires he will be like a new signing, Omar I think could do well alongside him and with Reilly leaving it allows Cameron, when fit, to play in his preferred central midfield position where he is one of the best in the league and offers far more than Reilly. Hopefully defence performs better and change of formation may help. An improvement in our away form would also help. A lot of ifs and buts though!

Archived