Croatia v England - semi final

banana

Watched the match on catch-up on ITV last night after having missed it on Wednesday. It's a great watch. Particular highlights were the smug cockiness at half time, the despair in Tydlesley's commentary over the last 10 minutes, Bilic shouting down Hoddle and Keane dishing out some truths while being barely unable to hide his delight at the result.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Watched the match on catch-up on ITV last night after having missed it on Wednesday. It's a great watch. Particular highlights were the smug cockiness at half time, the despair in Tydlesley's commentary over the last 10 minutes, Bilic shouting down Hoddle and Keane dishing out some truths while being barely unable to hide his delight at the result.

I missed the Bilic-Hoddle bit on the night, however Keane sitting there with a continual smirk/occasional grin was fantastic, let alone him getting that thick c**t Wright telt. 

Tyldesley's commentary over the last few minutes was fantastic as the horrible realisation set in that he'll probably never get a better to commentate on an England World Cup win, let alone see one. Glorious. 

If someone could produce a video with Croatian goals/Vince McMahon reactions that would be just lovely.

Living in London, the last couple of days has been wonderful, especially since the school I teach in had a World Cup themed sports day where each class has to come dressed in the colours of a particular country, I chose Croatia for my class on Monday anticipating the potential for scenes. Didn't fail to deliver tbh, quite lovely seethe generated among my colleagues. 

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Yes, did someone not link a footballers name pronunciation website?

Www.packiebonner.ie ?

I thought that as he is of Serbian heritage it was Rogitch.

No matter how you pronounce it, he’s a dick.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Excellent. With shite like that England could never dream of winning anything since you generally need to have the ball in order to score. It just invites pressure back on to them.

Folk were wondering why England in the second half looked the more tired of the two teams. This is why. They had to scamper back and forward in to position as they gave the ball away so much. Also the long balls forced the intended recipient to full on sprint for them too often.

When Croatia had the ball they often played numerous passes and slowed things down, looking patiently for an opening. They rarely resorted to such hoofs up the pitch. They tried to stretch England and pulled them all over the pitch. That's energy sapping when it happens so often.

Scotland are really bad for doing it. We're absolutely prehistoric in how we play.

On Facebook somebody posted a link to a Twitter clip showing the passengers on a Croatia - Glasgow flight cheering when the result was announced.

At least two of the Twitter replies hoped that the plane crashed. Presumably these are the ones who were too scared to batter their wives in case they hit back. Scum.

9 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

I missed the Bilic-Hoddle bit on the night, however Keane sitting there with a continual smirk/occasional grin was fantastic, let alone him getting that thick c**t Wright telt. 

Tyldesley's commentary over the last few minutes was fantastic as the horrible realisation set in that he'll probably never get a better to commentate on an England World Cup win, let alone see one. Glorious. 

He had probably already prepared several "off the cuff" lines to spout as England won the Final.

I hope he publishes them one day so we can laugh even more.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

He's half-Croatian, and he'll be supporting them today. So what?

Well he's never mentioned it until very recently. 

Would he be supporting Croatia in an England-Croatia final? Of course not.

Glory seeking bellendery of the highest levels.

I did always enjoy his joyless fizzog on tv after yet another England failure though :lol: 

I did always enjoy his joyless fizzog on tv after yet another England failure though [emoji38] 

He's mentioned it plenty of times.

30 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I did always enjoy his joyless fizzog on tv after yet another England failure though :lol: 

I was going to say that I don't follow his career closely enough to know whether or not he's mentioned it before but Jamaldo has settled that one.

Agreed that he would support England if they were playing Croatia in the final (presumably he did so in the semi) but what's wrong with supporting your wee team once your main one has been knocked out?

Sounds like you're going out of your way to be offended. A career in the Ibrox press office beckons.

I do agree with you about his face when England lose though.

49 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:
52 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:
I did always enjoy his joyless fizzog on tv after yet another England failure though emoji38.png 

He's mentioned it plenty of times.

Yes, it's quite a well known fact about him. 

Archived