Croatia v England - semi final

banana

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Yip - a 'rivalry' that baffles the Germans.

Completely. I've mentioned it before (not on this thread), that the Germans consider the Dutch, the Italians, the French and/or the Spaniards as European "derbies", not the English. Many of my German friends find the attitude of the English in general to be completely cuntish.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

My understanding is assists only come in if there's a tie, and if it's still a tie it then goes down to how many minutes per goal?

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

That's why I said if Lukaku scores 2 he'll win it.

Lukaku has 1 more assist than Kane and has played 67 minutes less. Two goals and hope Kane does nothing.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's the Dutch the Germans hate isn't it?

I always thought it was far more the other way round where those two were concerned?

47 minutes ago, Girth said:

Ahh well. 

No point in crying over a game of football FFS. 

All the best to whoever wins. 

I CBA watching the third place shite. 

We (local Union Branch) are off to the Miners' Gala in Durham for the weekend. When the speakers are finished on Saturday, there should be plenty of time to find a boozer to watch the play-off. My English mates are far more excited about Billy Bragg playing a free set once Jezza has done the warm-up for him. Wise choice, imho. 

Finding somewhere showing the Game of the Week tomorrow evening might be trickier, mind...

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's the Dutch the Germans hate isn't it?

Some Germans seem to think the Scottish accent sounds Dutch. We've been accused of being Dutch in Germany many times despite speaking in English, including one wee jakey boy in Mönchengladbach that accused me of being a "ficken Hollander"!

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We (local Union Branch) are off to the Miners' Gala in Durham for the weekend. When the speakers are finished on Saturday, there should be plenty of time to find a boozer to watch the play-off. My English mates are far more excited about Billy Bragg playing a free set once Jezza has done the warm-up for him. Wise choice, imho. 

Finding somewhere showing the Game of the Week tomorrow evening might be trickier, mind...

Good to see Jezza focussed on the shit show happening at Westminster and taking full advantage of it.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good to see Jezza focussed on the shit show happening at Westminster and taking full advantage of it.

He's been confirmed as lead speaker for many months. Hardly worth disappointing a six-figure crowd for the sake of whatever sound-bite the Beeb deigns to show (and spin) - especially when the Tories are proving to be more than capable of fucking themselves up. 

"Let us wait a little: When your enemy is executing a false movement, never interrupt him." - (probably) Napoleon Bonaparte.

I could cash out for 50p on Griezmann as top scorer but I've decided to ride it, based on your post. 

I cashed out for my 36p, I'm going to regret that now I bet!!!

See you there mate . Can’t wait . Love Durham miners gala

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

My mate goes to these. Says it's a great occasion. Enjoy!

Billy Bragg!? Ace. Never seen him!

4 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

Yes. What was that about? He seemed to get severely clattered by the goalie. 

Nutmegged as well by the very guy who he clattered and abused on the ground. Glorious!

16 minutes ago, bairney said:

Nutmegged as well by the very guy who he clattered and abused on the ground. Glorious!

I'm not sure you know what a nutmeg is.

Was still a delightful moment of GIRUY for Mandzukic though.

Archived