Croatia v England - semi final

banana

7 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

What has voting got to with anything! If you don't like rivalries in football then don't watch football. The only thing that comes close to your own team winning is your rivals getting shafted out of a cup.  Did you greet at the English when they were laughing at Germany getting dumped out?

Anyone but Germany. Anyone but France. Anyone but Ireland. Anyone but Argentina...

Oh, Anyone but Scotland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spring Onion said:

What has voting got to with anything! If you don't like rivalries in football then don't watch football. The only thing that comes close to your own team winning is your rivals getting shafted out of a cup.  Did you greet at the English when they were laughing at Germany getting dumped out?

To be fair, England laughing at Germany was similarly cringey to some of the stuff that comes from our support.  Could very well have backfired on them at the time, and it comes from a rivalry that one side cares far more about than the other.  They'd kill to have Germany's history of success in football, just like we'd likely have killed to be in a semi-final of a World Cup. It is a rivalry though, so fair enough, fire in.  The ones that take it too far from the "wee" position just cements the wee attitude.

15 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Would just like to add a massive GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YA to that quisling moron Ross Thomson, who as well as being a vile Tory and an unashamed bootlicker of anyone and anything Brexit, also doesn’t have the ability to spell “lion” correctly.

IMG_4589.jpg

I really hope last night hurt the gammon in training.

Loins !? 

Gammon ?

Posted in an attempt the noise folk up, it's pretty much all he does, even in Parliament, he's not very good at anything.

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Don't write off a Greizman hat trick in the final!

I could cash out for 50p on Griezmann as top scorer but I've decided to ride it, based on your post. 

39 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Would just like to add a massive GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YA to that quisling moron Ross Thomson, who as well as being a vile Tory and an unashamed bootlicker of anyone and anything Brexit, also doesn’t have the ability to spell “lion” correctly.

IMG_4589.jpg

I really hope last night hurt the gammon in training.

Ross 'mad eyes' Thomson...…get in the sea you sycophantic glory hunting p***k. 

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Harry Maguire is the most Rangers faced player in the world, and has the personality to match it with his incessant whining and cheating.

Any suggestion of this England team somehow being likeable is immediately shot down when you consider it contains that rodent and Pickford.

he was getting right carried away with himself as he was having a good game , shouting his mouth off and then big SUPER MARIO SHUTS HIS STUPID TRAP

Enjoyed the match.  Stunning opener from Trippier and straight from the start it was clear that both Vida and Lovren were shit scared of Sterling's pace.

Felt that England were the better of the two in the first half but the momentum clearly swung in the second although in extra time it went back and forward a bit too (that Stones header!).

I thought Danny Rose would have been a better pick than Ashley Young whom I felt looked uncomfortable from the off (easy with hindsight).  England needed more from Dele Alli who just couldn't influence the game and Harry Kane who, like Alan Shearer before him, is a domestic goal machine but sometimes just isn't on it. 

Modric the clear man of the match although Perisic with a goal and an assist deserves plenty of plaudits.  I don't have much love for Mandzukic but when the moment came he delivered.

55 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Loins !? 

Gammon ?

Posted in an attempt the noise folk up, it's pretty much all he does, even in Parliament, he's not very good at anything.

What an ugly bunch of c**ts they are. 

14 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

England needed more from Dele Alli who just couldn't influence the game 

Always remember a comment about him being able to adorn games but never dictate them. Think it sums him up quite well.

28 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Enjoyed the match.  Stunning opener from Trippier and straight from the start it was clear that both Vida and Lovren were shit scared of Sterling's pace.

Felt that England were the better of the two in the first half but the momentum clearly swung in the second although in extra time it went back and forward a bit too (that Stones header!).

I thought Danny Rose would have been a better pick than Ashley Young whom I felt looked uncomfortable from the off (easy with hindsight).  England needed more from Dele Alli who just couldn't influence the game and Harry Kane who, like Alan Shearer before him, is a domestic goal machine but sometimes just isn't on it. 

Modric the clear man of the match although Perisic with a goal and an assist deserves plenty of plaudits.  I don't have much love for Mandzukic but when the moment came he delivered.

to be fair to lovren and vida after their initial shaky first half they recovered

Archived