Croatia v England - semi final

banana

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the English media response.

It's much more fun when they're raging at their team's utter shiteness, desperately trying to find reasons for their continued failure.

Most pundits are (rightly) both sad and proud. It's a bit meh.

2016 to Iceland might be the pinnacle.

I am loving it to be honest. Despite not facing any team of note they think this is “only the start”.

Roy Keane slapped down Ian Wright and the host when they came away with this shit

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, qos_75 said:

I am loving it to be honest. Despite not facing any team of note they think this is “only the start”.

Roy Keane slapped down Ian Wright and the host when they came away with this shit

Exactly. Tonight has begun the process of building up a fairly ordinary team. Normal service will resume when Germany brush them aside in the next euros.

Any "dignified" response is completely faux. They're fucking raging. 
No they're not, they're gutted. Big difference.

Listening to the likes of Chris waddle when they've played shite is a thing of beauty. They whip themselves into a frenzy and very quickly move through the seven stages of grief.

Tonight just seems like they're gutted but quite proud. I've not heard much blame really.

The best thing when the World Cup ends is everyone’s back to square one and for a short period of time we are all even in terms of qualifying etc it’s the time I feel most positive about scotland chances of qualifying. Looking forward nations league and euro qualifying campaign hopefully there is a few World Cup hangovers. Trying to work out who we would want to play from the top seeds ..... may be a good time to get england? Croatia may have loads of retirements modric mandukic plus we have never lost to them. expect a backlash from Germany Italy Netherlands and defo don’t want France.

England is basically what Rangers would be like as a country

Was watching it in the Nether Inn in Dundee; surrounded by England fans, and after noising them up the entire game about how they were going to lose, one of the baldy “this is England” fuckers finally lost it and tried to start bother. Completely ignored and carted off by his drunkard brethren and bouncers. Couldn’t have laughed harder. Get it right fucking up England.

This would be the perfect comparison if the England fans mentioned here battered weeper dees da as well.

Not sure if I heard that right but they are showing the whole game on the Beeb after showing the highlights. 

They've done it all through the tournament, they have shown a game in full late on every night.

11 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Croatia to qualify is 11/8 with Bet365 (better odds from less reputable bookies) - £8 on = £16 if England go through, £19 if Croatia go through. Personally I  would put £24 on Croatia, £57 back if they go through, stake covered if England go through. That way you won't be feeling ambivalent about the result! 

Ta for the advice - should have taken it more fully, ended up getting £20 @ 11/8 on Croatia outright with another £4 on them at about 5/2 over 90 mins. Still, almost doubled my total stake so cant complain!

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That sounds a lot more like a desire than a rational thought.

I agree that this isn't a "very good" England side, but it's a decent one with some key strengths.   As already pointed out, citing the Belgium game is a bit daft given that England also played a much weakened side and that defeat wasn't going to be harmful.

Saying that England are "overdue a thumping" would suggest they've been incredibly lucky in their matches so far, avoiding said thumping only by a combination of woodwork, goalkeeping brilliance, last ditch defensive heroics and luck.  That of course has not been remotely the case.

England is capable of achieving one big win in any tournament - it's happened even in relatively recent times.  This time, doing that would be enough to see them win the whole thing.

Lol. Fund oot

Craig Foster, who is a pundit here in Australia, reckons that this England team has put down the foundations for the future English teams for 40,50 to 100 years into the future.... 

They are good enough to win Euro 20 in my opinion

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Lol......

What u on. They scored 1 goal in open play in an entire world cup.

They could win it apart from:

Belgium, France, Croatia, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland and all the other minor countries they will struggle against.

Once again lol.

The best thing about Mandžukić's goal was that Pickford had been taunting him whilst he lay injured on the ground only minutes earlier. Pickford is a horrible little scrote, and he got exactly what he deserved. 

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

This year the press and the English public have not put as much pressure on the team as in past campaigns. But, with them getting to the semi in this world cup the press and public will put that pressure on the team again. And we all know what happens then. 

11 minutes ago, scotfree said:

This year the press and the English public have not put as much pressure on the team as in past campaigns. But, with them getting to the semi in this world cup the press and public will put that pressure on the team again. And we all know what happens then. 

I take it there is no press in Spain, France, Germany or Italy

Archived