Croatia v England - semi final

banana

Fair enough. Agree about probably getting to the final and losing.
I'd still disagree with the 2nd gear comment although I suppose it's entirely subjective. I don't get the impression England have a whole lot more in them than what we've generally seen through the tournament, compared to say France. but we'll see I suppose.

An improvement on their final ball & finishing would move em up a couple of notches I reckon. Still a bit to show on that count and it’s possible. Sterling especially.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye same. He seems like a nice guy. Not many arse holes in the team either, possibly with the exception of Maguire.

There's a few.

Vardy, Maguire, Alli, Cahill and Stones the ones that stand out.

Apart from Southgate as you hear from him a lot I don’t really buy this like ability stuff. They have clearly embarked on a significant PR campaign to achieve this.

My view is I don’t know anything about them personally bad or good really.

Colombia were going to beat them.

Sweden we’re going to beat them.

Now Croatia are going to beat them.

Has to happen sometime I suppose.

England to reach the World Cup Final.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Colombia were going to beat them.

Sweden we’re going to beat them.

Now Croatia are going to beat them.

Has to happen sometime I suppose.

England to reach the World Cup Final.

Scotland to go independent following England winning World Cup.

9 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

In Lido Di Jesolo till next Monday. Apparently there’s an overnight bus to Zagreb from Marco Polo. I wonder if she’d mind if I went awol for a day and a half....

Nice! I stayed in Ca Savio a few years ago and lived off the locally made prosecco, which is a billion times better than the swill that middle aged housewives buzz off in this country!

I had England as slightly better than 50/50 against Columbia, about 70/30 against Sweden and these were borne out in the results. I've got this about 48/52 just in Croatia's favour, hopefully I'm right! Living in England it's been murder and I'm desperate for them to fall on their faces.

Ps Dele Alli has dead fish eyes - completely expressionless 

7 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

To be honest I really like Southgate as a manager. He's done exceptionally well and his manner is pleasing ........ he's not a cock

By all accounts Southgate is a really top bloke, and there are plenty of stories of him going the extra mile to attend charity events, signing autographs etc etc.

Makes it hard to dislike the guy. But I do wish he'd get rid of his matchday uniform of shirt, tie and waistcoat combo - makes him look like a 6 year old at a wedding reception!

By all accounts Southgate is a really top bloke, and there are plenty of stories of him going the extra mile to attend charity events, signing autographs etc etc.
Makes it hard to dislike the guy. But I do wish he'd get rid of his matchday uniform of shirt, tie and waistcoat combo - makes him look like a 6 year old at a wedding reception!
Hahaha aye it does lol. Football team I coach went down to the Manchester derby and they all bumped into him and he signed their tops took photos etc..... to top it all off my laddie thought he was Gary Neville and he just had a giggle with him. Seemed really down to earth

Quickly getting fed up of Ali being subbed off, him walking around the pitch for a minute acting like it isn’t him, then slowly walking off.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Quickly getting fed up of Ali being subbed off, him walking around the pitch for a minute acting like it isn’t him, then slowly walking off.

Everyone's at it to be fair, and it seems to have been ramped up at this World Cup.  If they're going to do it, I'd like them to take it to the nth degree.  Pretend it's not them getting subbed, shake the hand of the opposite linesman, and then give it the Hulk Hogan to all four stands

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So the build-up begins - bizarrely the English media seem to be writing off the Croats - after saying the Sweden would be a tough game it seems they think this will be easier - a dangerous assumption.

“The English media”...care to reference who is doing this? 

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So the build-up begins - bizarrely the English media seem to be writing off the Croats - after saying the Sweden would be a tough game it seems they think this will be easier - a dangerous assumption.

I thought Sweden would be a lot tougher than it ended up being.  Granted, the Swedes didn't really turn up, but it could have been a much bigger win had England been a bit more clinical and a bit less  Sterling.  I would go as far as saying that they shouldn't fear Croatia in the same way they did Sweden, but they'll have to hope that the team that murdered Argentina doesn't turn up.  Croatia have just about as much of a choking hazard as England have in tournaments, and I expect the pressure will be higher than any player on that pitch will have experienced. 

It's going to be a very cagey game, but could be a very interesting one to watch.

one thing i will say about england is , for as good as they have been going forward they always look like they are wide open when they lose the ball ,the teams they have played against haven't had the quality nor the pace to hurt them, croatia may be able to pick them off.

On 08/07/2018 at 10:31, Slacker said:

I think they'll win 2-1. The draw has been incredibly kind to them, but you never really remember the winners' route to the final. I'm shitting myself.

Should they win it, we'll make an exception in their case...

Archived