Russia v Croatia

itzdrk

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Did he just say policeman's helmet? :lol:

Yes. A reference to a French policeman’s helmet being placed in a dugout during ‘98 after one of them was killed.

Edit - he was assaulted, but survived.  I think it was German manager Berti Vogts who placed it in his team's dugout.

Link here.

1 minute ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I'm sure it's been said already but McCoist is a decent summariser. He has a bit of genuine insight and knows when to keep his mouth shut. Anyway thank f**k Croatia won. 

Hope ITV give him the final. Class act throughout. 

interesting semi-final in store. Croatia have looked average in their last two games against teams that sat in, but England won't do that. It should be quite open.

ffs gary Neville has just made the same point, I must be talking shite!

6 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I'm sure it's been said already but McCoist is a decent summariser. He has a bit of genuine insight and knows when to keep his mouth shut. Anyway thank f**k Croatia won. 

Sally is pretty good here.  I enjoy listening to him.

This was, though, a terrible match from two useless teams.  England were undoubtedly the best of the 4  sides we've seen today.

I think the winners will come from the other side of the 'draw' and suspect The Poirots have their name on the cup.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

interesting semi-final in store. Croatia have looked average in their last two games against teams that sat in, but England won't do that. It should be quite open.

ffs gary Neville has just made the same point, I must be talking shite!

Stop talkin shite Paulo.

Croatia made very heavy work of Denmark and Russia after an impressive group stage showing.

They looked leggy towards the end of that and no wonder. Second 120 minute game within a week’s going to do that.

I think Croatia have better players than England but... going to be close.

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sally is pretty good here.  I enjoy listening to him.

This was, though, a terrible match from two useless teams.  England were undoubtedly the best of the 4  sides we've seen today.

I think the winners will come from the other side of the 'draw' and suspect The Poirots have their name on the cup.

I still think England are suspect in defence, they cruised it today but Sweden played like a latter day Peter Houston Falkirk team, always turning back and never put England under pressure. 

Archived