Newton 0 - 4 Stranraer

Went to Blairmount tonight eager to see the team Newton were putting out - as I have heard they have signed a number of decent players. Put it this way, without that goalkeeper of theirs they will be rock bottom of the league. In fact they may as well just pull out now. I think there was black and white cones on the pitch in the second half.

Such wonderful insight... We shall refrain from your clubs performance of last season eh...

Considering Stranraer played a strong team and Newton Stewart's performance restricted them speaks volumesof your... judgement. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

10 hours ago, The Pie Connoisseur said:

Newton 0 - 4 Stranraer

Went to Blairmount tonight eager to see the team Newton were putting out - as I have heard they have signed a number of decent players. Put it this way, without that goalkeeper of theirs they will be rock bottom of the league. In fact they may as well just pull out now. I think there was black and white cones on the pitch in the second half.

What a petty post. You must have been the only one in the big turn out who did not enjoy the game. 

Great setting great weather and one jealous moaning git!

Well done Stranraer, Johnny Fisher and friends.

18 hours ago, The Pie Connoisseur said:

Newton 0 - 4 Stranraer

I’d suggest you worry about fielding a team full stop and don’t concern yourself about a team that’ll be above you come the end of the Season Pie Boy  , oh and let us all know how you faired today at Tram if you muster a side like a good man could you 

Newton 0 - 4 Stranraer

From what I have heard regarding your side’s (Wigtown’s) performance today was equally as awful as you make out Newton’s to be! Only difference being that Newton’s opposition will be playing in the SPFL, rather than the lower end of the Juniors

Also, unlike your team who pulled out of the league due to its own mistakes... Newton battled in the league last season! And this season lost their manager, a replacement has also just been appointed so time must be given to get up to speed there!

As others have stated though... It would be highly recommended you focus on your own team as plenty of work seems to have been done so far and it would be awful to tarnish all that good due to a lone keyboard-warrior on a forum!

I’d suggest you worry about fielding a team full stop and don’t concern yourself about a team that’ll be above you come the end of the Season Pie Boy  , oh and let us all know how you faired today at Tram if you muster a side like a good man could you 

The silence has been deafening so far... It ended 5-1 to the visitors (a side who drew 1-1 with Uppers last preseason)...

Looking like a painful season for the returning former champions!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Beardyman said:

Thanks for the help , was just asking as you know what’s rumour are like. Would hate for them not to have a team.

Yeah, they have a team... 20 or so at training I hear

Yeah, they have a team... 20 or so at training I hear

You are correct I also heard this but I heard they were mostly Galloway Thistle U17s players but atleast they have a team

Whys everyone hating on saints because they signed newtons best players? From what i have been told there was no commitment from players at newton and there would only be so many turn up at training and away games? 

Also this is true having spoke to there manager last season and witnessed it first had. Getting 5/6 turn up to training is no good at all.

4 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

You are correct I also heard this but I heard they were mostly Galloway Thistle U17s players but atleast they have a team

Also this is true having spoke to there manager last season and witnessed it first had. Getting 5/6 turn up to training is no good at all.

If players want to win things then that is not the environment they want to be in and surely people can understand then why they decided to move on.

A managers job is to make sure his players are coming to training. Admittedly he is at a big advantage when the players have cash in their pockets! 

2 hours ago, info said:

A managers job is to make sure his players are coming to training. Admittedly he is at a big advantage when the players have cash in their pockets! 

I personally think it is just a lack of commitment from players these days at some clubs such as Newton. Hardly anyone wants to play anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Newton were missing a couple of guys but Mids could have been 10 up by half time. Mids pressed the ball very well and forced mistakes and if the referee hadn’t started to feel sorry for Newton it could have easily been 20 with a couple of Newton players sent off.

Dust yourselves down and move on I’d say

Archived