Pyramid working group

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd imagine that there would still be an SJFA (and possibly WRJFA and ERJFA) of any clubs didn't fancy the pyramid/turning senior but I can't see how they can run that and still be part of the senior pyramid.

That's the only way I can see the SJFA continuing as a national association: along the lines of the SAFA and SWFA - for clubs outwith the pyramid. The main stalling point may be that the SJFA members voted overwhelmingly in favour of the pyramid, so the SJFA is obliged to promote this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Basically

image.png.353b7d891f8ab39d5ceaff450504a31f.png

Someone can probably break it down better than I could.

The league's the league, the association's the cups and possibly the u20s since they involve clubs outwith the league.

East of Scotland League is 1 of 5 senior leagues in direct membership of SFA, having the status alongside SPFL, Highland, Lowland and South of Scotland leagues. All these leagues have joined the pyramid system. In 2013 SPL & SFL merged as SPFL and Lowland was newly-established. (While "nominally" a senior league, the North Caledonian League has never had any of the rights or responsibilities associated with being senior; also it has not joined the pyramid system). U20s + reserve football are run through these leagues.

There are also 9 affiliated associations in direct membership of SFA. These run some cups. Due to their close connections with senior leagues some are pretty active running multiple cups for levels of the pyramid and are only really separate on paper: North of Scotland; Aberdeenshire; East of Scotland; Southern Counties FAs (who have a nominal Wigtownshire & District FA in a similar sort of twilight zone to the North Caley league)... Fife FA runs a single cup... Glasgow FA runs a youth cup... Forfar; Stirlingshire; West of Scotland FAs are inactive.

Fife aside - if the active FAs were incorporated into their corresponding leagues, little difference would be noticed, tbh.

There are also 6 national associations in direct membership of SFA running different aspects of the game - Womens, Youth, Schools, Junior, Amateur, and Welfare. I think they're also forming another for disability football.

Aye, as a regional sub-entity of the SFA. That's why I can see the North and West Junior regions continuing (maybe under different names) - it's hard to see how a nationwide SJFA is needed in any new structure, what would their actual role be?

Aye, as a regional sub-entity of the SFA. That's why I can see the North and West Junior regions continuing (maybe under different names) - it's hard to see how a nationwide SJFA is needed in any new structure, what would their actual role be?
Gg

Gg

Gg

Gg

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Johnston is always careful with this statement regarding the juniors joining at tier 6 . Factually I suspect he is 100% correct.
He never declares all juniors or even all superleague juniors. Just "the junior's ".
What he is 99% doing is misleading the majority of the teams who will not or cannot ever join immediately at tier 6.

Archived