Pyramid working group

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Apparently the SJFA have an agreement to enter the pyramid at level 6, is this going to be a playoff between east juniors/eosl/sosl/west juniors for a single promotion spot to the lowland league?

I would wait to see that as an Official statement as in my opinion that will never be an option :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Excellent. It's about time the Juniors either contributed to Scottish football as a whole or went to fester in the amateur leagues.

36692358_10213779338570791_8362143163141324800_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=b45b9cf431f6f738e5b85d5969233f4b&oe=5BD7ABCA

A rather short statement. The devil will be in the detail!

Progress sounds good.

However tom johnston has a long history of coming out of meetings and sending out emails that get proven to be a complete misrepresentation of how discussions went. 

I await more news but certainly not taking this as gospel. 

Given his track record I would treat TJ's utterances with a big dollop of scepticism. His "kosher" info in the past has been well wide of the mark.

For a start, the East Juniors cannot exist in parallel with the EOSFL, that is a non-starter for a number of reasons and I expect would be opposed at the PWG meeting by the EoS rep. 

There is an EoSFL Board meeting on Monday so I guess clubs will be informed after that what was discussed and agreed.

23 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Given his track record I would treat TJ's utterances with a big dollop of scepticism. His "kosher" info in the past has been well wide of the mark.

For a start, the East Juniors cannot exist in parallel with the EOSFL, that is a non-starter for a number of reasons and I expect would be opposed at the PWG meeting by the EoS rep. 

There is an EoSFL Board meeting on Monday so I guess clubs will be informed after that what was discussed and agreed.

Have you ever met TJ?

Mmmm, The embargo on applications by new eos clubs for sfa entry licence has still not been lifted either which is rather concerning for clubs hoping to gain this ASAP.   We were hoping applications would have been accepted after June meeting but there has been a complete silence on this even when contacting sfa 

Can anyone produce any information as to what the progress made actually is and what was/has/will be discussed? 

Why do the junior association feel they have any right to be talking in these terms, potentially wanting in en masse, for many years they have made it quite clear they want nowt to do with senior fitba, let any future applicants do so under their own steam and go through the same process as any other clubs. If that ain't good enough ask yer man Johnson to magic up a new league for you then fester away quietly like good boys eh

So we still await any form of concrete confirmation of a wosfl and what level this will enter the pyramid. We also await the outcome of any formal discussions around promotion spots and relegation spots from the LL. 

The email seems a tad premature then with little or no concrete information attached so people have a transparent view of what was discussed. 

25 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So we still await any form of concrete confirmation of a wosfl and what level this will enter the pyramid. We also await the outcome of any formal discussions around promotion spots and relegation spots from the LL. 

The email seems a tad premature then with little or no concrete information attached so people have a transparent view of what was discussed. 

It's not premature from the SJFA's point of view and it was for their members not the wider pyramid.

The story's gone from the west region being ripped up by a start up WoSFL and the juniors at death's door. To the entire SJFA being moved into the pyramid, meaning the East Juniors maybe jumped too early. There's only some very minor details to iron out :whistle

Juniors suddenly have a nice positive spin on things.

One can only assume that your tongue was firmly in your cheek when writing the above unless I am completely misreading your post? 

Archived