EOSL in Scottish Cup 2018-19

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Does anyone know where I could get a bet on the tynecastle game today ? I could find odds on the other Scottish prelim games yesterday but none today

Don't think any bookie had odds. I gave the following odds to McBookie but don't think they displayed them,

21/5 Tynecastle 9/2 Shortlees 1/3

Just now, GordonS said:

HT Tynecastle 0-0 Shortlees. Little in it. If there were some cover on the terrace it would be the perfect ground for non-league football, or even L1/2. Much better than Ainslie Park. IMG_20180812_154425864.jpg

Who do you think will win?

PR2 looks interesting for the EoS teams trying to progress to the first round.

• Burntisland away to Girvan, who are third bottom of the West second tier and lost 8-0 on Saturday - surely there hasn't been a better time to play them.
  • Coldstream away to Newton Stewart, bottom of the SoS so a winnable tie having already beaten St Cuthbert who are 8th.
  • Bonnyrigg Rose home to Shortlees, you'd think they would be too strong for the amateurs.
  • Preston v Linlithgow, wonder how the away side will get on after their poor start to the season
  • LTHV away to Beith, they beat Threave 3-0, make of that what you will.

Shortlees - which my autocorrect wants to turn into "Shirtless" - at Tynecastle always looked the sticky tie. Otherwise excellent wins for EOSL teams. Tougher tests broadly-speaking in PR2 although Preston-Linlithgow guarantees someone will progress, Bonnyrigg will be favourites and Coldstream have a great chance.

47 minutes ago, skynews said:

Can anyone supply team lines for both Preston vs Glasgow uni and Hawick vs Bonnyrigg 

Can’t see team lines for HRA or Preston on their Twitter 

6030D4CD-AF4E-4C1B-80C2-7D958A676ACB.jpeg

F35664AA-72D3-4746-8FA4-F68DB78F81CC.jpeg

Coldstream's win over St.Cuthberts Wanderers was their first win in the Scottish Cup since the revamp in 2007. Prior to the match they had the worst record of any of the original non-league clubs. The best they had managed was a draw with Selkirk before  losing on penalties in the replay.  Rothes are now the only team of the originals not to win a Scottish Cup tie.  So well done Coldstream!

Archived