Disabled supporters

Ok, so after some discussion on another thread I thought it may be worth starting a thread for fans from different clubs to post details of their own grounds arrangements for people with difficulties walking, reliant on wheelchairs or other physical or non physical disabilities.

If posters could list things like, suitable parking areas, best club contacts to get in touch with prior to a visit, if there are any specific areas (such as in Talbots stand) for people in wheelchairs, specific entrances, availability of accessible toilets and any other relevant information (ie cover/refreshments accessible).

I’d be happy to edit this post to keep lists of contacts for each club and available facilities at the top.

It’d be great if we could avoid arguments etc on this particular thread and just keep it informative? Be really interested to hear any reports from fans with accessibility issues to ensure that clubs are doing all they can. Could perhaps do something to recognise the club which does the most in terms of accessibility.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ok, so after some discussion on another thread I thought it may be worth starting a thread for fans from different clubs to post details of their own grounds arrangements for people with difficulties walking, reliant on wheelchairs or other physical or non physical disabilities.

If posters could list things like, suitable parking areas, best club contacts to get in touch with prior to a visit, if there are any specific areas (such as in Talbots stand) for people in wheelchairs, specific entrances, availability of accessible toilets and any other relevant information (ie cover/refreshments accessible).

I’d be happy to edit this post to keep lists of contacts for each club at the top.

It’d be great if we could avoid arguments etc on this particular thread and just keep it informative? Be really interested to hear any reports from fans with accessibility issues to ensure that clubs are doing all they can. Could perhaps do something to recognise the club which does the most in terms of accessibility.

Fantastic , a solution focussed post that should be supported by all. 

Glenafton  have upgraded their ground facilities , with a newly surfaced area at the entrance to the ground with separate entrance for any type of disabled vehicle, and   full wheelchair ramp access to Campbell Hall in the ground ,spacious  disabled  toilets , and disabled viewing area in front of club house, and any special requirements needed by any supporter would be seen too by  Glenafton.  I  think  anyone that  has visited Loch Park over the last two seasons has seen a lot of changes and can see the work that has been carried out.

Glenafton  have upgraded their ground facilities , with a newly surfaced area at the entrance to the ground with separate entrance for any type of disabled vehicle, and   full wheelchair ramp access to Campbell Hall in the ground ,spacious  disabled  toilets , and disabled viewing area in front of club house, and any special requirements needed by any supporter would be treated by all involved at Glenafton.  I  think  anyone that  has visited Loch Park over the last two seasons has seen a lot of changes and can see the work that has been carried out.

Excellent!

The Celsius Stadium is and always has been fully DDA compliant. The only issue I have ever come across was recently when a wheelchair user's carer pointed out that our pitch side barrier is at eye level for a wheelchair user. I helped them out by opening one of the gates to allow the gentleman to see the full pitch without any problems.

As far as I’m aware the Vale is able to fully accommodate. The main entrance is a bit tight for wheelchair users but is easily offset by using another entrance . Pavilion is accessible by a ramp & the sheds have an area as well . The chip stones I imagine might be a bit hard for someone pushing a wheelchair though

We have recently upgraded our facilities to include a ramp which will give wheelchair access to our Social Club which includes a disabled toilet. Our new terraced area over looking the park will be finished for the start of the season and will allow disabled viewing.

We have recently upgraded our facilities to include a ramp which will give wheelchair access to our Social Club which includes a disabled toilet. Our new terraced area over looking the park will be finished for the start of the season and will allow disabled viewing.

Thats fantastic, Cumbernauld is a great place to watch football but prior to this wasn’t the most accessible, its great to hear you’ve made improvements and hopefully we can encourage supporters with mobility issues to get along to games there!

On 05/07/2018 at 23:35, glensmad said:

The Celsius Stadium is and always has been fully DDA compliant. The only issue I have ever come across was recently when a wheelchair user's carer pointed out that our pitch side barrier is at eye level for a wheelchair user. I helped them out by opening one of the gates to allow the gentleman to see the full pitch without any problems.

The most frustrating problem for a wheelchair user  at every ground where there's no raised area or breaks in the barrier around the park.

Archived