Auchinleck Talbot 2018/19

Blackie Gold

Kind words appreciated, i would like to commend Rutherglen on how they played on Saturday,you have the making of a decent team that would add to a competitive top league next year as im sure Glencairn are going up if they maintain that standard of football they produced on a heavy surface at Beechwood.It was much closer than the 4-1 score suggests with your number 6 dictating a lot of your play, i never realised how old the guy was, im sure he must have been senior at some point in his career.Talbot were clinical in front of goal, maybe thats the difference you will find once Rutherglen reach the Premiership, which i hope they do by winning your league.
I don't think Tony has played senior, but he has had spells with Vale of Clyde, Rob Roy, Ashfield, Beith, Pollok and Cumbernauld as well as his 251 appearances for Glencairn over two spells.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for Blackie,how far or how close are we to getting floodlights at Beechwood? will the Scottish cup run provide the funds or will that have to be invested in the playing surface which has taken a battering in recent weeks.I have absolutely no idea how much floodlights would cost along with lights around the ground for evening matches to be played.One other question thats always got me  thinking, whats under the main stand at Beechwood, could this be utilised as new changing rooms, as the ones used now are very small and dated, hope you dont mind the questions but i know you put a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes with the building committe so you may have an idea, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Question for Blackie,how far or how close are we to getting floodlights at Beechwood? will the Scottish cup run provide the funds or will that have to be invested in the playing surface which has taken a battering in recent weeks.I have absolutely no idea how much floodlights would cost along with lights around the ground for evening matches to be played.One other question thats always got me  thinking, whats under the main stand at Beechwood, could this be utilised as new changing rooms, as the ones used now are very small and dated, hope you dont mind the questions but i know you put a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes with the building committe so you may have an idea, thanks.

Fundraising for the lights is underway at a cost of 70k. The area under the stand was the main priority until the Building Committee decided to go for the lights. The Building Committee is a different entity from Talbot so I have no idea how the club will invest its Scottish Cup money. I will add that the last time we played Hearts the club spent a small fortune in upgrading the Beechwood playing surface which was money well spent.

Fundraising for the lights is underway at a cost of 70k. The area under the stand was the main priority until the Building Committee decided to go for the lights. The Building Committee is a different entity from Talbot so I have no idea how the club will invest its Scottish Cup money. I will add that the last time we played Hearts the club spent a small fortune in upgrading the Beechwood playing surface which was money well spent.
Thanks pal,I'm aware the building committee is a separate entity to the club and you guys deserve a medal for what you've achieved at Beechwood,keep up the good work and we will have a ground that matches the team that play on it.

How does the building committee work then if it isn't part of the club? Do you come up with suggestions and raise money and approach the club at that point?

It's a bit of give and take really. Both sides come up with ideas, meet to discuss them, and then the Building Committee runs with each project. Takes a lot of pressure and work off the Talbot committee who focus their work everywhere else.

15 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Winton Rovers manage to have them so can't be that expensive?

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We have fortunate enough to have floodlights at Glencairn. They are not particularly expensive to use, but I would imagine that they would be quite expensive to install for any club that doesn't already have them.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Winton have had lights for a number of years, and I'm sure that they have had them upgraded. The lights at Beechwood are not where all the expense comes into play but the groundwork that goes with it.

22 hours ago, energyzone said:
23 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

How does the building committee work then if it isn't part of the club? Do you come up with suggestions and raise money and approach the club at that point?

We try and focus on facilities that would enhance spectating requirements. Our last projects were new toilets and a new pie hut and the added luxury of a memorabilia shop which is run by TFW and raises much needed cash for the Building Committee.

Archived