Auchinleck Talbot 2018/19

Blackie Gold

20 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

No harm to you M8 but there's 350 threads about the pyramid going about, please don't turn our thread into a clusterfuck. It's bad enough with the spelling bee!

Sorry im just new to pie and bovril and unsure how this place works, will pop over to the other 350 threads and let the talbot boys get on with more pressing matters .

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry im just new to pie and bovril and unsure how this place works, will pop over to the other 350 threads and let the talbot boys get on with more pressing matters .
Is this the new incarnation of Hertha?

What are the thoughts regarding signing activity,or lack of at Beechwood.Is it still early days or will Tucker be happpy to go with what he's got,i would like to see a proven goalscorer arrive,although im aware they dont grow on trees and a central midfielder,someone like Tom Reilly who was at Elgin last season and might want to play closer to home,though he has the talent to play at a higher level than league two.

I’d doubt we could go with such a small squad. Wasn’t the biggest last season. Three have left - Faulds, Pooler and Thomson - with only one (confirmed) in, the guybfrom Girvan. 

As far as I’m aware White and Lyle have still to pen new deals  - could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time  

I’d like think Tucker has players in mind and that they’d be willing to come. 

1 hour ago, Lord Talbot said:

I’d doubt we could go with such a small squad. Wasn’t the biggest last season. Three have left - Faulds, Pooler and Thomson - with only one (confirmed) in, the guybfrom Girvan. 

As far as I’m aware White and Lyle have still to pen new deals  - could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time  

I’d like think Tucker has players in mind and that they’d be willing to come. 

We should see a few new faces at Penicuik on Saturday as Tucker likes to see a player in competitive action before offering a deal. Hope the boy McDowall plays as I hear he's a bit of a handful.

37 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

I think u will need a pool of roughly 22 this season gone are days of 18/19 man pools if you wanna challenge for the trophies where has faulds pooler and Thompson went

Faulds signed for Cumnock, Pooler is away to Troon and I'm unsure about Thompson.

I heard there could be up to 5 trialists  today as some new faces turned up at training. Gordon Pope will be missing due to getting married and Jamie Glasgow is on his honeymoon. Looking forward to the match.

1 hour ago, Chrissydodds said:

Have you signed Chris Smith permanently? Kemp looked a handful today

No official signing of Smith. Played as a trialist today.

We had Kemp at the start of last season and looked as if he has something to offer but as he wasn't getting a regular start he decided to go amateur and play with his mates. Hope he sticks around this time as he is too good for the amateurs IMO

No official signing of Smith. Played as a trialist today.
We had Kemp at the start of last season and looked as if he has something to offer but as he wasn't getting a regular start he decided to go amateur and play with his mates. Hope he sticks around this time as he is too good for the amateurs IMO

Kemp looked a grafter, smith looked to be carrying a bit of weight but would be a great addition to any defence, the guy who played centre mid with whyte in the first half looked decent!

Archived