Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

Just now, oaksoft said:

That's because right now that is exactly what they are doing.

Right. If they had the choice of buying from a licensed premises they would though. 

Was it the general population at fault for making Al Capone a millionaire throughout Prohibition or was it the governments ridiculous legislation that gave him that opportunity?

Right. If they had the choice of buying from a licensed premises they would though. 
Was it the general population at fault for making Al Capone a millionaire throughout Prohibition or was it the governments ridiculous legislation that gave him that opportunity?
Asking the wrong guy. If oaksofts kids had a drink during prohibition era he would have disowned them immediately.

He would disown his actual kids.

Drink that in.

Of course, he could be talking absolute shite. Thats where the form guide is pointing.

Asking the wrong guy. If oaksofts kids had a drink during prohibition era he would have disowned them immediately.

He would disown his actual kids.

Drink that in.

Of course, he could be talking absolute shite. Thats where the form guide is pointing.
Of course he's talking shite [emoji23]

Have you never encountered his nonsense before?

How successful are our police force in terms of prosecuting those doing the dealing?

Does anyone have any evidence to support or condemn our boys in blue?

There obviously going to be corruption but are our guys more bent or less bent than the average?

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

How successful are our police force in terms of prosecuting those doing the dealing?

Does anyone have any evidence to support or condemn our boys in blue?

There obviously going to be corruption but are our guys more bent or less bent than the average?

I'll not comment on the boys in blue but corruption up the ladder is most certainly a thing, I'm quite sure the levels of smack went up when we were controlling a good chunk of Afghanistan.

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Considering you're far more likely to get into drugs if you're prosecuted and sent to prison, i'd say they're doing a pretty good job on the prosecuting front.

No offence but I'd rather take the word of the experts.

I have no idea why you think being an addict makes you more knowledgeable than them about what addiction is.

The second article talks about a former addict who is now a professor.

He seems to understand the nature of addiction.

Offence taken non the less.

You know maybe 33 days residential treatment followed by 4 days a week, 3 hours each for 6 weeks treatment with support, education and proven medical research gives me a smidgen more insight than a prejudicial, self-appointed drug tsar like yourself.

You’re probably too young to remember her but you could be the modern day Mary Whitehouse except it’s junkies not TV filth that has you soiling your panties.

You probably also believe the Earth is flat

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Both. Was that a serious question? If Al Capone had no customers he would have been broke overnight.

If the government had removed the ban he might still have survived as many gangs did. It needs more than the lifting of the ban itself. The ban still needs to be lifted though.

BUT once customers stop buying from you, you are dead in the water.

The customer is king. Always has been, always will be. Governments are pretty powerless in the face of a determined public. The poll tax comes to mind.

Your stance is all drugs should be legalised but no one should use them?

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
13 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
Of course he's talking shite emoji23.png

Have you never encountered his nonsense before?

I get confused between him and that Detournement guy. Is oaksoft an original poster that came back, or a new version of an old troll?

Detournement, for all his protestations is quite obviously H_B/Anthony C Pick.

Oaksoft is an original as far as i know.. He does come across like Stuart Dickson occasionally, but Dickson was an out and out racist. Whilst I disagree with Oaksoft on most things, I certainly wouldn't lay that at his door tbf. 

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Detournement, for all his protestations is quite obviously H_B/Anthony C Pick.

Oaksoft is an original as far as i know.. He does come across like Stuart Dickson occasionally, but Dickson was an out and out racist. Whilst I disagree with Oaksoft on most things, I certainly wouldn't lay that at his door tbf. 

Fair enough. He is a mental illness denier though so I would have say that ranks him as a c**t regardless. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair enough. He is a mental illness denier though so I would have say that ranks him as a c**t regardless. 

Pretty obvious trolling imo. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to genuinely believe that depression isn't an illness. 

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Pretty obvious trolling imo. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to genuinely believe that depression isn't an illness. 

Yeah that may be, but even coming on here and typing in some sort of misguided attempt at trolling is the behaviour of a c**t. 

Guest Moomintroll
And there is your answer.

A good chunk of the population don’t believe depression is an illness I would imagine, that’s why there’s so much effort put into mental health awareness these days. I attended high school between 98-04 and don’t remember receiving any education on mental health so I’d imagine a good chunk of people older than me are completely ignorant on the matter.

A good chunk of the population don’t believe depression is an illness I would imagine, that’s why there’s so much effort put into mental health awareness these days. I attended high school between 98-04 and don’t remember receiving any education on mental health so I’d imagine a good chunk of people older than me are completely ignorant on the matter.
Yeah but when the NHS are saying it is an illness, and the publicity around destigmatising it is huge, and the stats around the number of people suffering under it, all the way to far too many cases of suicide, casting doubt based on absolutrly nothing more than your opinion is a damaging, stupid and ultimately cuntish thing to do.

You might believe different, but since your beliefs are undoubtedly less well informed than the NHS and most definitely less relevant, its best just to shut up.