Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

Guest Moomintroll

I have tried my best to keep my own personal experiences out of this but I am starting to lose my patience with the ignorance being displayed. i have been absent from work for four months since a failed suicide attempt, which is not my first, luck & a wife that I do not deserve were on my side again. I have previously had long term absences due to this & have been diagnosed with Clinical Depression alongside Anxiety Attacks. Thanks to a combination of treatments both medicinal (which is long term in any case) & CBT/Psychiatry, I feel ready to return to work but my Employer, through a duty of care, referred me to an Occupational Health Therapist for a full report to determine my capability to return.

I am under no illusions that this will probably strike me again & who knows what the future holds for me but at the moment I am happily functioning & able to cope with life aside from the usual low moods that you would associate with a Killie fan at this point in time. My overall point is that the person who undertook my examination is detailed below with some obvious redactions.

Dr Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx BScHons MBChB FRCP FRSPH MSc AFOM Occupational Health Physician, i cannot be bothered listing the qualifications of the various Doctors, Counsellors & Psychiatrists who have treated me over the past years but I am sure they are far better placed to pass judgement & help me to manage my Illness than a couple of angry people on a football forum.

It is time for this thread to either be locked or consigned to the ether as it is helping nobody & as has been mentioned elsewhere, the arguments within are spreading to other parts of the Forum. @Tynierose @Cardinal Richelieu PM me & tell me to wind my neck in if I am talking guff but I really think that this has ran it's course, especially as it has went away from the original subject.

It's normal for threads to get side-tracked. And there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to discuss grown-up topics such as this and depression on a forum. So I'm going to leave it open for now. 

Having said that, any other posters - particularly those who have received warnings already for this behaviour - who use topics such as this for point-scoring or abusing people affected by issues such as this will get banned permanently. 

I've not read all this thread, but remember if any posts do exhibit the behaviour stated above, then report them and they will be reviewed and dealt with. It's a tricky line sometimes between "free speech" and outright abuse, so you might not always agree with our decisions to delete / not delete ban / not ban, but we always try to be impartial and fair. 

I The need to be able to look down on folk with depression and try and paint it as some sort of failing. Naw so easy to do that when you recognize it's an illness. Hence why he'll NEVER deviate from that, and is now trying to deflect the argument to bullshit about insults.

Oaksoft's always been a nasty bitter b*****d.

How dare you? Oaksoft clearly comes from a background where people seldom amount to anything and ended up amounting to something or other

He’s very quiet about that, and will probably be embarrassed at me mentioning it, but it’s clear in the subtext of his work

Other people might have let that sort of life experience induce a twisted hybrid of an inferiority complex and a a superiority complex leading them to constantly need to assert their superiority over those that didn’t escape that background and an insecurity when dealing with people that “had it easy”. We’ve all met tiresome ”Self made” bores like that and it would have been easy for him to slip into that mindset

but its greatly to his credit that he instead radiates love for his fellow man.

Everyone should try and be a bit more like him

Guest Moomintroll
46 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's normal for threads to get side-tracked. And there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to discuss grown-up topics such as this and depression on a forum. So I'm going to leave it open for now. 

Having said that, any other posters - particularly those who have received warnings already for this behaviour - who use topics such as this for point-scoring or abusing people affected by issues such as this will get banned permanently. 

I've not read all this thread, but remember if any posts do exhibit the behaviour stated above, then report them and they will be reviewed and dealt with. It's a tricky line sometimes between "free speech" and outright abuse, so you might not always agree with our decisions to delete / not delete ban / not ban, but we always try to be impartial and fair. 

Thanks Your Eminence, at the risk of being accused of being a Snowflake again some of the content was getting out of hand especially the personal abuse. Now everyone knows where they stand so if anyone crosses the line again then hell ram it into them.

We clearly move in different circles. Between my family, my social circle and the countless numbers of people I have worked with over the years, I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone hurl abuse at another human being for any reason. It wouldn't be tolerated.

You never been to the fitba?

Guest Moomintroll
We clearly move in different circles. Between my family, my social circle and the countless numbers of people I have worked with over the years, I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone hurl abuse at another human being for any reason. It wouldn't be tolerated.
Hopefully, we have all come to the same conclusion, lets all accept people, no matter what creed, colour or family.

12 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Hopefully, we have all come to the same conclusion, lets all accept people, no matter what creed, colour or family.

Well said, MT. I'm glad to hear you have a decent support network.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/aug/15/drug-poisoning-deaths-in-england-and-wales-at-highest-level-ever-recorded

Bump. Contrary to speculation from some Britnat roasters at the time, it turns out that Scotland's figures are part of a wider trend across the UK, the US and it seems northern Europe to some extent as well. The same age range of middle aged users is responsible for the bulk of the increase as well. 

45 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/aug/15/drug-poisoning-deaths-in-england-and-wales-at-highest-level-ever-recorded

Bump. Contrary to speculation from some Britnat roasters at the time, it turns out that Scotland's figures are part of a wider trend across the UK, the US and it seems northern Europe to some extent as well. The same age range of middle aged users is responsible for the bulk of the increase as well. 

Unfortunately we need to succeed big style to get to their rates per head of population.

• 5 months later...
On 10/02/2020 at 16:52, MirandaR said:

Addiction is such a tough disorder. It’s not about morals. I don’t understand why we’re so nonchalant about the fact that in the past decade, almost half a million people in the United States have died from opioid drug overdoses. I think that if we can better understand addiction, we will be able to develop non-addictive treatments. CBD seems to be a solution. More about treatment methods on LINK DELETED

And you're gone. 

This latest spate in spam is quite mystifying. This account started up several months ago and didn't even post any links for a while. And on the surface, they sound quite legit - as if they're trying to help. The fact that they keep posting links and never choose their favourite team is what usually outs them (I was going to say and never talks about football, but you can level that accusation at me). What's the deal here? Are they getting paid to boost page rankings or something? Maybe @Mr X can clarify. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

And you're gone.  This latest spate in spam is quite mystifying. This account started up several months ago and didn't even post any links for a while. And on the surface, they sound quite legit - as if they're trying to help. The fact that they keep posting links and never choose their favourite team is what usually outs them (I was going to say and never talks about football, but you can level that accusation at me). What's the deal here? Are they getting paid to boost page rankings or something? Maybe [mention=1702]Mr X[/mention] can clarify. 

What you did there. I seen it...

These bots are probably drug dealers who know P&B is a prime hotbed of weekend powder sniffers and pill poppers. (For full time smackheads see Hibs thread and Throbber).

They first make people aware that help is out there, then start punting them their gear and use raising awareness of addiction support as their caveat to pedal their wares.

That’s how I roll anyway. Wanting anything?

https://www.talktofrank.com/

And you're gone. 
This latest spate in spam is quite mystifying. This account started up several months ago and didn't even post any links for a while. And on the surface, they sound quite legit - as if they're trying to help. The fact that they keep posting links and never choose their favourite team is what usually outs them (I was going to say and never talks about football, but you can level that accusation at me). What's the deal here? Are they getting paid to boost page rankings or something? Maybe [mention=1702]Mr X[/mention] can clarify. 
Miguel Sanchez the next to fall under the above set of standards IMO

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And you're gone. 

This latest spate in spam is quite mystifying. This account started up several months ago and didn't even post any links for a while. And on the surface, they sound quite legit - as if they're trying to help. The fact that they keep posting links and never choose their favourite team is what usually outs them (I was going to say and never talks about football, but you can level that accusation at me). What's the deal here? Are they getting paid to boost page rankings or something? Maybe @Mr X can clarify. 

Not really! 

They're almost certainly bots but usually they join and then post straight away. They're usually dead easy to spot as they often bump old threads that are vaguely related.