Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
They didn't make a choice.

And yet they are addicted to a substance. Kind of proves the point that physical addiction is a real thing and not a choice as you and oaksoft claim, which is entirely the point I'm making.

Did they choose to take drugs? No. 

No they didn't but their body is physically addicted to a substance. How are you failing to see you're completely proving my point by contradicting yourself?

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

No they didn't but their body is physically addicted to a substance. How are you failing to see you're completely proving my point by contradicting yourself?

They did not choose to take drugs. Someone else made that decision for them. 

Guest Moomintroll

Sorry, no I didn't.
What did they say?
Basically telling a poster that his Nephew deserved to die and that he was a terrible Uncle because his Nephew was a drug addict. Pretty vile stuff that me & throbber called out immediately, he should have been booted there & then.

Opiate abuse is seen in upper classes yes, but quite often it appears to be use of non-heroin opiates like codeine and prescription drugs. Use of cocaine is as expected actually higher in upper class groups in terms of regular/habitual use, which actually given the comparative cost of heroin/cocaine shows the point about people with traumatic experiences using heroin to blot out psychological pain has significant merit. There is absolutely no doubt in upper classes there are people with heavy drug habits, i’ve encountered that, but many are functioning because they have the means to do so.

Aye that the general thing i was going for. Richer users take cleaner drugs and have the support networks, education and motivation(in means of employment etc) that prevents addiction taking over(in most cases)

To use a crap analogy, in poor estates takeaways thrive and will likely have a lot of regular trade.

High end restaurants succeed elsewhere, probably healthier food(no trans fats etc) and maybe the regular customers will be more weekends than nightly, but ultimately everyone is still gorging on more food than they should be having.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sorry, no I didn't.
What did they say?

Basically telling a poster that his Nephew deserved to die and that he was a terrible Uncle because his Nephew was a drug addict. Pretty vile stuff that me & throbber called out immediately, he should have been booted there & then.

😂 I'd take this with a large pinch of salt.

So you agree physical addiction is a real thing and not as simple as saying "they choose to be addicted"?

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

So you agree physical addiction is a real thing and not as simple as saying "they choose to be addicted"?

It comes as a result of a decision being made. Tragically for some babies others inflict their choices upon them.

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sorry, no I didn't.
What did they say?

Thanks for that.

It is an interesting debate. Shame it has to attract to much abuse.

It's certainly not a subject I'm an expert on - all I can add, fwiw, is that I was seriously addicted to cigarettes for about 30 years. I had no idea that an addiction of this nature could be described as an illness.

1 minute ago, Stinky Bone said:

Amazing points of view on this topic @Tibbermoresaint, I have read your comments and I wish to say that I do not agree with them at all.  Which is my right.  

I must say it appears you are an addict to this thread and maybe need to seek help.  I fear that you may be on the brink of some sort of breakdown. 

There are clinics to help with dependency issues. 

Leave the thread for the sake of your own sanity. 

I think you could have directed that to quite a few on here.

:)

2 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Amazing points of view on this topic @Tibbermoresaint, I have read your comments and I wish to say that I do not agree with them at all.  Which is my right.  

I must say it appears you are an addict to this thread and maybe need to seek help.  I fear that you may be on the brink of some sort of breakdown. 

There are clinics to help with dependency issues. 

Leave the thread for the sake of your own sanity. 

Are there clinics to deal with hysteria? I hope for your sake there are.