Drug deaths in Scotland hit record high

I dont know who is to blame but it's really sad. What is wrong with scottish people that makes us booze take drugs or overeat?

No easy answer to that, people trying to blame the Tories is understandable but you can’t just say “I’ve lost my job so as a direct, unavoidable consequence I must turn to hard drugs”. People are responsible for their own actions and it’s not really an excuse. That said if everyone around you is taking drugs then it’s easy to follow suit, also if you are a young person growing up watching adults around you hooked on drugs then what chance have you got really?

Also, the amount of drugs that come into Scotland is a major factor. I’m not sure how bad it is now but a lot of the heroin and cocaine that got smuggled into Europe came into Scotland in towns like Wick and Thurso on boats. Look at the other counties topping the list for drug deaths - all of Scandinavia, Ireland and then Lithuania and Estonia. Do you think that’s a coincidence that al these counties are in the North Atlantic with big fishing industries where drugs can be smuggled in to the rest of Europe? Also they all suffer from pish weather which can’t be overlooked either.

Our attitude to getting steaming in Scotland is nothing short of a disgrace, even if recreational drugs isn’t the biggest killer they are still everywhere and about 80% of people that are roughly my age that I know have taken class A’s before and many of them still do on a regular basis. Even in the general nonsense forum right now there is a thread about posting about how cunted you are, which I haven’t ventured into yet, and then dindeleux posting about how much MDMA he took once as if he deserves some sort badge of honour for it. Both of these are common examples of how we view drug and alcohol consumption in this country so it’s no wonder we have found ourselves where we are with these recent stats. Basically we are fucked.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

No easy answer to that, people trying to blame the Tories is understandable but you can’t just say “I’ve lost my job so as a direct, unavoidable consequence I must turn to hard drugs”. People are responsible for their own actions and it’s not really an excuse. That said if everyone around you is taking drugs then it’s easy to follow suit, also if you are a young person growing up watching adults around you hooked on drugs then what chance have you got really?

Also, the amount of drugs that come into Scotland is a major factor. I’m not sure how bad it is now but a lot of the heroin and cocaine that got smuggled into Europe came into Scotland in towns like Wick and Thurso on boats. Look at the other counties topping the list for drug deaths - all of Scandinavia, Ireland and then Lithuania and Estonia. Do you think that’s a coincidence that al these counties are in the North Atlantic with big fishing industries where drugs can be smuggled in to the rest of Europe? Also they all suffer from pish weather which can’t be overlooked either.

Our attitude to getting steaming in Scotland is nothing short of a disgrace, even if recreational drugs isn’t the biggest killer they are still everywhere and about 80% of people that are roughly my age that I know have taken class A’s before and many of them still do on a regular basis. Even in the general nonsense forum right now there is a thread about posting about how cunted you are, which I haven’t ventured into yet, and then dindeleux posting about how much MDMA he took once as if he deserves some sort badge of honour for it. Both of these are common examples of how we view drug and alcohol consumption in this country so it’s no wonder we have found ourselves where we are with these recent stats. Basically we are fucked.

We're not f**ked, just nearing the point where those in charge need to get their fucking fingers out instead of looking at everything from a £'s shillings and pence stance without looking at the whole picture.

Edited by ayrmad

We're not f**ked, just nearing the point where those in charge need to get their fucking fingers out instead of looking at everything from a £'s shillings and pence stance without looking at the whole picture.

Maybe I took that conclusion a bit too far you’re right.

Go and be a sanctimonious fool elsewhere.

Hardly sanctimonious, your posts were a complete disgrace. No idea why someone you presumably have never met deserved that sort of comment from you.

Denies being sanctimonious...is sanctimonious.
Go away.

Sanctimonious for pointing out you that are a c**t for deliberately antagonising a poster who’s nephew died of a drug overdose? Okay son.

You're making my heart bleed. Go away.
And it's whose, not who's.

I hate to think what level of degenerate loser you are in life to provoke that sort of reaction towards strangers on the internet anyway.

More sanctimony. Well done.

Bet your mrs left you for a down and out heroin addict because he had bigger muscles, better teeth, more money and a nicer house than you you disgusting piece of shit.

Guest Moomintroll
6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're making my heart bleed. Go away.

And it's whose, not who's.

I have no idea what your issue is but you have been acting like a complete c**t on this thread, even after a load of posts were deleted you still cannot let it go. Time to step away for a bit before you get emptied, have never seen you post with such vitriol so clearly something about this pisses you off. I have no idea who that Nigel is but he didn't deserve what you were posting the other day.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Bet your mrs left you for a down and out heroin addict because he had bigger muscles, better teeth, more money and a nicer house than you you disgusting piece of shit.

Yes, that must be it. He was also more sanctimonious than me. Don't forget that.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

I have no idea what your issue is but you have been acting like a complete c**t on this thread, even after a load of posts were deleted you still cannot let it go. Time to step away for a bit before you get emptied, have never seen you post with such vitriol so clearly something about this pisses you off. I have no idea who that Nigel is but he didn't deserve what you were posting the other day.

It's buy one get one free at sanctimony club today.

Guest Moomintroll
6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Yes, that must be it. He was also more sanctimonious than me. Don't forget that.

It's buy one get one free at sanctimony club today.

Will leave you to your mission to get emptied then, hopefully the mods will also remove the obvious alias that just commented there as well.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh for goodness sakes. There cannot be a single human being who has not been made fully aware of the dangers of illegal drugs.

Every single person knows organised criminal cartels control, manufacture and distribute these things, that no testing has been done on them and that all manner of crap gets added to everything to bulk them out.

And yet millions of people make the decision to use them anyway and the consequence is misery for everyone who lives with and around them in terms of crime rates etc as they steal to feed their habits.

Why should caring about others be an exclusively one-way street?

This "all right Jack" nonsense seems to be the go-to phrase to use these days. It's ridiculous.

Of course, you've never made a bad decision in your life so it's fine for you to sit on your high horse here and scowl at the big bad junkies. People do silly things, people get in with the wrong crowd or can feel pressured into it, people have incredibly horrible things happen throughout their lives that drives them to this stuff. But naw, lets vote to hang them all because you've managed to keep on the right side of things.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Really?

It's a better option in every respect to take illegal drugs which fund organised crime cartels, which haven't been rigorously safety tested or manufactured under a safety-controlled environment? You don't know what manner of shit you are getting  mixed in with those drugs.

Alcohol is strictly controlled and regulated in this country. I reckon that is a better option.

Seriously, do they not teach this basic stuff to kids at school anymore?

Weed is better for people in just about every imaginable way. Teach kids? You've got to be kidding. For decades the government and media has been pushing propaganda on weed, how can you educate folk on it when the party line is so drastically out of touch?