Fauldhouse United 2018/19

Pyramidic

If Broxburn or Penicuik had won the EoS championship playoff they would have been promoted. By this time next year Bonnyrigg Rose will almost certainly be licensed. There is a difference between a speed bump and a road block.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

55 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Pyramid?
What pyramid?
Is that the pyramid that removed the glass ceiling to replace it with a concrete one?

Hardly once bonnyrigg etc get lights they will be able to get in next year. Some people will always hit a level. We arent all going to of even wanting to hit league 2 for most lowland league will be where we will end up

11 hours ago, jackjarviscraiglang said:

JC, why are you even bothering about these keyboard warriors, you have played the game for over 20 years and have many many friends , these guys are just playing with themselves, keyboard in one hand , handkerchief in the other, ignore them

:lol:

12 hours ago, jc1 said:

Theres classy teams like bonnyrigg rose to name 1 that haven't acted Billy big baws degrading the juniors like certain other teams which is absolutely laughable giving it big licks. The juniors is a grade I've been around since the age of 17 and loved. I'm proud to say I'm a fan of the juniors

"I'm a fan of the Juniors"  there is the problem right there.   The "grade" means absolutely nothing, zero, zip.  You've been around long enough to know that fitba is fitba regardless of what league you play in, you should also therefore appreciate why clubs playing in completely different set-ups is utter madness.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Pyramid?
What pyramid?
Is that the pyramid that removed the glass ceiling to replace it with a concrete one?

Beenze has been quiet recently, don't have a meltdown now........

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Pyramid?
What pyramid?

You are really clutching at straws here. Can you suggest what the benefits are of remaining part of the sjfa for clubs right now? For me, the tact you and others are taking right now of using one license decision to make an entire 'the pyramid doesn't work' argument requires more thought.... You do realise that 6 clubs got their sfa licence? Because they met the criteria, yes the criteria was changed, but the clubs that met the criteria got their licence.... 

JC I respect your right to an opinion and believe you genuinely want what is best for you and your club. I hope that the decisions your club has made to remain in the sjfa don't come back and haunt them, but I just can't see the ersjfa ever being awarded tier 6 in the pyramid now, at best it will be tier 8 (my opinion). 

Without wanting to clog your clubs thread any further, all the best for the rest of this season and into next. Hopefully see you in the eosfl soon! 

13 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

You still pretending like it’s some kind of unique utopia that is unlike any other football game around? 

It’s 22 men kicking a ball around a pitch in front of the same fans wether it’s ‘junior’ or as most would call ‘non league’

11 hours ago, Marten said:

Pipedreamer is simply correct, "juniors" is just a meaningless label, "grades" in football don't mean anything. It's all football, it's all non-league, there is no difference in identity, tradition etc. People like you just keep this unhealthy artificial divide in place. This divide should disappear for the sake of Scottish football.

I regularly watch non-league football, both senior and junior. I love it all but I just want all to be in 1 system as there is no reason to have separate systems.

You are both deluded morons if you think it’s that simple. 

Fans of the clubs who’ve jumped ship to EOS don’t look down on Junior football to act billy big baws. If there’s any looking down, it’s more that we remain fans of the Juniors, but looking on with concern at the uncertainty looming over many long established clubs such as Fauldhouse etc. Much of these junior clubs are  places we (Bo’ness, Bonnyrigg, Camelon etc) have been visiting and enjoying some great  rivalries over the years, occasionally making acquaintances and enjoying the banter.  We’ve not forgot where we’ve came from though, but it reached a point where Junior football couldn’t afford to keep several clubs, and several clubs couldn’t afford to stay Junior. It’s about survival and sustainability not some condescending, petty point-scoring pish about ‘Oh but you’re still in the Juniors!’ 

You are really clutching at straws here. Can you suggest what the benefits are of remaining part of the sjfa for clubs right now? For me, the tact you and others are taking right now of using one license decision to make an entire 'the pyramid doesn't work' argument requires more thought.... You do realise that 6 clubs got their sfa licence? Because they met the criteria, yes the criteria was changed, but the clubs that met the criteria got their licence.... 
JC I respect your right to an opinion and believe you genuinely want what is best for you and your club. I hope that the decisions your club has made to remain in the sjfa don't come back and haunt them, but I just can't see the ersjfa ever being awarded tier 6 in the pyramid now, at best it will be tier 8 (my opinion). 
Without wanting to clog your clubs thread any further, all the best for the rest of this season and into next. Hopefully see you in the eosfl soon! 
You are really clutching at straws here. Can you suggest what the benefits are of remaining part of the sjfa for clubs right now?

I'm not clutching at straws, but have a look at the recent statement from Bonnyrigg Rose, it's there that the reference to a glass ceiling comes from.
But since you ask, the benefits of staying junior are the same as they have always been.
The benefits of the Pyramid, however, seem to have all but disappeared now that there's no actual progression for the vast majority of the clubs that joined this Utopian Pyramid.

9 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

You are really clutching at straws here. Can you suggest what the benefits are of remaining part of the sjfa for clubs right now?

I'm not clutching at straws, but have a look at the recent statement from Bonnyrigg Rose, it's there that the reference to a glass ceiling comes from.
But since you ask, the benefits of staying junior are the same as they have always been.
The benefits of the Pyramid, however, seem to have all but disappeared now that there's no actual progression for the vast majority of the clubs that joined this Utopian Pyramid.

So what about for Blackburn Easthouses penicuik Broxburn Hill o beath they can easily make lowland league next season 

14 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

...The benefits of the Pyramid, however, seem to have all but disappeared now that there's no actual progression for the vast majority of the clubs that joined this Utopian Pyramid.

Blackburn, Penicuik, Hill of Beath, Easthouses and Broxburn are now automatic Scottish Cup entrants every season (more will follow once floodlights have been installed in more grounds), and Broxburn or Penicuik would have been promoted to the LL if they had won the EoS playoff because the LL bent over backwards to try to give clubs extra time to get licensed. Your argument is patently absurd.

23 minutes ago, gogsy said:

To be fair that statement from Bonnyrigg Rose, nearly all of which is pretty accurate just might mean they haven't a clue what the term "glass ceiling" means.

We sold a vision to our supporters at our EGM last March of what the future would look like if we joined the East of Scotland league after 120 years of Scottish Junior Football membership, but the stark reality at present is that we have swapped one glass ceiling for another.

They do use glass ceiling but they preface it by saying at present.

1 hour ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

Please, enlighten us with these benefits, as no one else has been able to.

Unless you had 14 promotion places available then obviously the majority of the clubs that joined the pyramid could not progress. Of course, we all know that  progression from the East Superleague was impossible, so the pyramid is still an improvement on that. 

Edited by Ginaro

2 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

I will say again, so as not to create further confusion for you, using one clubs experience of the licence decision to suggest the pyramid doesn't work is flawed beyond belief. 

There are 6 clubs who have gained their licence as they met the new judging criteria. I dont personally agree with changing the criteria after an application then judging clubs on it, but that's what the sfa have chosen to do and will rightly be open to recourse as a result. However, to say that the pyramid is now a closed shop and the benefits have been removed is frankly, stupid beyond belief. (actual evidence suggests otherwise - see the reference regarding awarding of licences for the 6 clubs) 

And you can't actually tell me the benefits of remaining part of the sjfa, because you know that other than 3 match balls there are none. The fact that saying so doesn't and will probably never fit your narrative denies you the ability to delve into it any further. 

37 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

....However, to say that the pyramid is now a closed shop and the benefits have been removed is frankly, stupid beyond belief....

...especially when a former SJFA member is 5-0 up on aggregate with just 45 minutes to play against 10 men where promotion into the SPFL is concerned.

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Please, enlighten us with these benefits, as no one else has been able to.

Unless you had 14 promotion places available then obviously the majority of the clubs that joined the pyramid could not progress. Of course, we all know that  progression from the East Superleague was impossible, so the pyramid is still an improvement on that. 

So are you saying that it is better to be in tier 5 or 6 of a league structure because there is a possibility of "progression" rather than being in the top tier of a league structure because there is nowhere to progress to?

So are you saying that it is better to be in tier 5 or 6 of a league structure because there is a possibility of "progression" rather than being in the top tier of a league structure because there is nowhere to progress to?
I'm trying to figure out if this is an attempt at a whoosh. [emoji846]

Well after finishing a horrible league season with defeat away to forfar I'm looking forward to a very interesting super league south next season with lots of local interest and great games to be involved in. With a semi final still to play in a week on Wednesday coming we have potentially 2 games max left. Plans are well in place for players coming in to improve us and like any other team players will be leaving. I want to thank the players committee fans and my coaching team for all the support and effort over the season. I'm under no illusions this season has been very poor after the highs of last season but for myself personally I've learned loads about myself and the team and sometimes in hard or sticky times the hardest lessons are the best lessons. I hope the fans come out in force at home on Wednesday the 29th to support the players as we try to reach a final. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but those close to the club know I give 110% 7 days a week to try make fauldhouse utd better on and off the pitch and most importantly a team on the pitch that give everything for the club. Next season will hopefully see a stronger and more successful fauldhouse utd team for the fans to be proud of. Cheers again to everyone for the support

JC

3 hours ago, jc1 said:

Well after finishing a horrible league season with defeat away to forfar I'm looking forward to a very interesting super league south next season with lots of local interest and great games to be involved in. With a semi final still to play in a week on Wednesday coming we have potentially 2 games max left. Plans are well in place for players coming in to improve us and like any other team players will be leaving. I want to thank the players committee fans and my coaching team for all the support and effort over the season. I'm under no illusions this season has been very poor after the highs of last season but for myself personally I've learned loads about myself and the team and sometimes in hard or sticky times the hardest lessons are the best lessons. I hope the fans come out in force at home on Wednesday the 29th to support the players as we try to reach a final. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea but those close to the club know I give 110% 7 days a week to try make fauldhouse utd better on and off the pitch and most importantly a team on the pitch that give everything for the club. Next season will hopefully see a stronger and more successful fauldhouse utd team for the fans to be proud of. Cheers again to everyone for the support

JC

good luck in the semi. it will be a tough game but we can win it.