Fauldhouse United 2018/19

Pyramidic

19 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

I'm sure it's not intended but, to me, there are similarities here in the polarisaton of argument with Brexit and a near intellectual arrogance that assumes that the people you disagree with just aren't as smart. I'm firmly for the pyramid BUT there is no perfect system and sometimes clubs will be making their own decisions for their own, perfectly reasonable, rationale. The Fauldhouse Utd Chairman has already posted here on their decision of a few weeks ago. It's time to simply respect that and move on. Let next season play out and see whether this time next year enough has changed for clubs to re-assess their position. 

Point taken, and there was certainly no intention of intellectual arrogance on my part.

You are perfectly correct that everyone is entitled to make their own choice based on the facts as they have them and as they see them - I just happen to believe that much has changed in recent weeks (another similarity to Brexit!) and so fundamental are those changes that if ever there was a time to reassess and make a move then that time is now. Further delay will almost certainly mean that the EoSFL Tier 6 entry that was on offer to teams at the outset of this season and that will now be Tier 7 entry this coming season will almost certainly become Tier 8 entry the season after next. Tier 8 is really not where Fauldhouse should be if they do eventually come round to believing that the ERSJFA has nothing further to offer them.

I accept, though, that my phrasing could have been a wee bit better.

Delighted with the squad pulling together and the togetherness after a very tough spell is very pleasing! It would have been easy for the boys to down tools with the league form and results but they have stuck together collectively and got the rewards recently but nothing achieved yet. Still have a shout at 2 cups and we'll work hard to try give it a good go. Mon the hoose

Not your bit of guff, JC...the other bit of guff where the guy is wetting his pants on an internet forum trying to persuade Fauldhouse to join in with "the big boys".

Did you know when you signed up that the entire future structure of the non-league game would rest on your shoulders ?

Not your bit of guff, JC...the other bit of guff where the guy is wetting his pants on an internet forum trying to persuade Fauldhouse to join in with "the big boys".
Did you know when you signed up that the entire future structure of the non-league game would rest on your shoulders ?
As much as I am a big supporter of a proper pyramid, even I wouldn't go so far to put the blame on JC1 if it doesn't materialise. [emoji6]

Climate change have you been to fauldhouse you can have the 4 seasons of weather in a 15 minute spell [emoji23]
Yes, I've been there. And I've experienced exactly that. From pouring rain to warm and sunny to cold within 90 minutes of football. [emoji1]

Another good result for the Hoose last night at Thornton Hibs and good to see Jack Currie getting back on the score sheet again. This follows up a really good 5 day spell. Credit to all the squad for having the stamina, fitness and not forgetting the  important work and family related balances in place to meet such a demanding schedule of games. 7 points from 9....well done!!

I'm sure JC and the management team will be rightly pleased and proud.

Let's hope we can put in another complete all round team performance on Saturday at home to Lochee Utd, which should be a good test.

Go the Hoose!

Couldn't be happier and more proud of the boys for their work rate application and desire recently. As stated before we have took a lot of flack recently (rightly so) but instead of throwing the towel in or downing tools collectively the boys have came together and worked hard to turn things around. Last night going up to Thornton with a full squad and injured boys being there too shows how much we want to make things right and finish on a high. Next few weeks are massive. We are in may and have a crack at 2 cups still for me that's a huge positive

When is the meeting?

No idea but expect there will be one. Think protocol is a letter to John Reilly requesting a meeting of all clubs. Believe that has happened.

My interest is whether fauldhouse would prefer to be in the premier south under the present structure ?

Jc1 if you were told tomorrow the leagues are to remain unchanged. Would you prefer to finish in a relegation spot or not ?
Being brutally honest I wouldn't want another year in current set up. That's my own personal opinion I know the effect its had on the club and another year in the current format would probably fold us!!!

As much as I am a big supporter of a proper pyramid, even I wouldn't go so far to put the blame on JC1 if it doesn't materialise. [emoji6]

[emoji23][emoji23]

In my defence, I was simply pointing out that JC has previously seemed open to the idea of Pyramid football within the EoSFL, if not entirely embracing of it, given that the current ERSJFA set-up has been to the detriment of Fauldhouse and that forward thinkers like him, who perhaps have a voice within their clubs, might be best placed to influence matters at their club.

I think the revelation that a further SFA communication rules out completely any SJFA participation in the Pyramid next season and also making any future participation dependent on a 16 team, region wide league makes it an important week or two for Fauldhouse. I also believe at least one ERSJFA team has made a request for an EGM to discuss these latest revelations.

I genuinely feel for Fauldhouse and wish the best for them and honestly believe that would involve a quick move to the EoSFL ahead of next season but there might be compelling reasons not to do this and these will be more important than anything someone like me cares to post on an Internet forum!! As someone posted earlier, this is all best left to Fauldhouse.

Anyway, I really should let JC get on with sorting out the Venezuela crisis and the Governments security problems with appointing Huawei to run the country’s 5G network [emoji23][emoji23]