Fauldhouse United 2018/19

Pyramidic

20 hours ago, jc1 said:
20 hours ago, PJS said:
Losing fringe players I understand, I also get the fact that players come and go. It’s a concern because the overall quality of the team suffers when you lose decent players. I watched Gribbs first game for Armadale in front of a healthy crowd at Volunteer Park he was a class above.

No doubt gribbs is class but at time of him leaving smikes and Jack were holding the Jerseys and he is at the stage he just wanted to play at his age and I couldn't guarantee that at that point. Unfortunately circumstances change with players works, personal lifes ect that cant be helped or controlled and when they become unavailable this late in the season it's not ideal for a manager. With our current financial situation due to this league we cant go buy anyone so it's a case of using contacts to find available players to replace boys. I'll admit this season has been horrendous for boys having to give up Saturday's due to work I've counted 6 this season alone for us these are things that weren't an issue when boys sign but unfortunately its situations we need to deal with and get on with it. I've lost out on top junior players purely down to the travelling in our league. We have had boys rave about our set up ect then put off with travelling. I get the fans frustration but I can assure them nobody is more frustrated than myself

I understand  the Gribbs situation.. JC Hutchison I believe needed to play as well, Yes the players coming in reflect a lack of transfer funds, bringing in free’s, loans and ex players. Travelling is a nightmare, hopefully there will be more local matches and revenue as a result of league reconstruction. It must be frustrating for you, another downside of current status is the lack of competition for places, ideally if there was strength in depth the players would all have to be on their A game and peak fitness.  One things for sure your captain is a great example.. no frills just 100% effort and commitment leading by example.... Thanks for taking the time to reply in detail.  

I understand  the Gribbs situation.. JC Hutchison I believe needed to play as well, Yes the players coming in reflect a lack of transfer funds, bringing in free’s, loans and ex players. Travelling is a nightmare, hopefully there will be more local matches and revenue as a result of league reconstruction. It must be frustrating for you, another downside of current status is the lack of competition for places, ideally if there was strength in depth the players would all have to be on their A game and peak fitness.  One things for sure your captain is a great example.. no frills just 100% effort and commitment leading by example.... Thanks for taking the time to reply in detail.  
I'll answer any concerns fans have to the best I can without going too far into details about individual players different reasons but I can honestly say nobody is more frustrated than myself at times. Yes I agree sammy is an outstanding captain and leader. It's a huge boost I've managed to get him to sign for next season which hes never done before which the myself and club are chuffed to bits with. He's stood by me from day one which means a lot

Im not in the know to the potential of the restructuring not getting voted through but it is a must as another season like this one without it would be an unmitigating disaster
If another season like this one would be such a disaster, then it seems like madness to commit to a set up that might be the same, while hoping that it changes to a more localised but less competitive league.
Surely this will not bring you the higher quality of player and additional revenue you guys speak of?

21 hours ago, the sniper said:
22 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Why?

Alan not every club thinks the eos is the way forward some clubs are happy staying junior some might change there mind and go to the eos those who stay will have reasons for not going the junior set up is far from perfect but there are many clubs happy to stay in the grade no matter what happens

Talk of "staying in the grade no matter what happens" is madness, because if the number of Junior clubs keeps declining there will ultimately become a point where moving is the better option. For example, last year all of the East/Mid Lothian clubs moved to the EOS except Dunbar who said they were staying Junior, until they realised they'd have no local games so had to move to the EOS.

Again, it comes back to if you want to play in the same league system as teams like Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Bo'ness, and Broxburn etc. - because they are not going to move back to the Juniors...

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Talk of "staying in the grade no matter what happens" is madness, because if the number of Junior clubs keeps declining there will ultimately become a point where moving is the better option. For example, last year all of the East/Mid Lothian clubs moved to the EOS except Dunbar who said they were staying Junior, until they realised they'd have no local games so had to move to the EOS.

Again, it comes back to if you want to play in the same league system as teams like Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Bo'ness, and Broxburn etc. - because they are not going to move back to the Juniors...

At least they'd get to play Bo'ness United next year :lol:

On 07/03/2019 at 18:09, Burnie_man said:

Re Fauldhouse and travel costs, given the situation they are in shouldn't they either be  a) asking for an ERJFA EGM to decide structure now, before the 31st March EoS deadline or b) sticking in an application to the EoS anyway to cover both options.  Otherwise, you're sticking everything on black, but it could come up white.

Re the above, heard today there's an ERJFA meeting on Tuesday to decide format.

Option a) The North/South Super and North South Premier format (only 9 clubs in South Super)

Option b) Three Region set-up  North / Central / South  (single Divisions of varying sizes)

Option c) No change

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Re the above, heard today there's an ERJFA meeting on Tuesday to decide format.

Option a) The North/South Super and North South Premier format (only 9 clubs in South Super)

Option b) Three Region set-up  North / Central / South  (single Divisions of varying sizes)

Option c) No change

I hope the bbc will be covering it as be more interesting than  the brexit vote 

There is a meeting on Tuesday and opinion c no change is the one that would be a disaster. And from only my own point of view I dont see any other option then to apply for EOS. Tuesday is a big night and it needs to be decided then to allow clubs to decide their clubs future existence before deadlines have passed with other options

11 hours ago, jc1 said:

There is a meeting on Tuesday and opinion c no change is the one that would be a disaster. And from only my own point of view I dont see any other option then to apply for EOS. Tuesday is a big night and it needs to be decided then to allow clubs to decide their clubs future existence before deadlines have passed with other options

What if it's a or b

22 hours ago, the sniper said:
On 10/03/2019 at 09:07, AlanCamelonfan said:
What if it's a or b

A and b are better than c option d to join the dutch eredivisie are at an advanced stage the amsterdam coffee shops await

22 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Sparta Tweedmouth and PSV Broxburn await emoji23.png

Considering the discussions about finally setting up a proper pyramid in The Netherlands are probably even more heated than in Scotland with the speed of progress being about the same, it would be a fitting switch.

Considering the discussions about finally setting up a proper pyramid in The Netherlands are probably even more heated than in Scotland with the speed of progress being about the same, it would be a fitting switch.
The dutch version of burnieman ba9a962bdded22ce61cd6b397b896c08.jpg