Fauldhouse United 2018/19

Pyramidic

14 minutes ago, the sniper said:

As far as I'm aware fauldhouse will be staying junior next season

That may change if the same thing happens as last season. That's Fife and Lothians doWm to 16 teams if no more leave ok u have thever boness team coming in not an ideal set up

18 hours ago, the sniper said:

As far as I'm aware fauldhouse will be staying junior next season

As I posted on another thread, Fauldhouse have an excellent set-up. Good cover, decent changing and catering facilities, excellent hospitality facilities and some hard work carried out in recent times means an improving playing surface too. Get the necessary documented policies and procedures in place (none of which, it’s important to note, are required for entry to the EoSFL) and they’d be well placed in every regard for licensing purposes, full SFA membership and access to the Scottish Cup, other than the lack of floodlights. Hopefully that would then be something they could be helped to work towards – for example, membership of a Senior league (EoSFL) means there is access to much larger ground improvement grants from the Scottish Football Partnership than if they were to remain in Junior football…..and the EoSFL themselves also provide modest grant aid for ground improvements.

I genuinely think that for Fauldhouse, a move to the East of Scotland Football League is absolutely the right thing to do in every regard, from grant money benefits as noted above to possible future Scottish Cup entry, from renewing rivalries with many of the teams who left the ERSJFA last year to enjoying facing some entirely new opponents. What's not to like? If Fauldhouse, probably the biggest team in West Lothian alongside Whitburn and, perhaps, Bathgate that are left in what is becoming the wilderness of Junior football in the east, were to move I think such leadership would show others the way and those others would be sure to follow.

29 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Heard that Whitburn are not wanting to move to eosfl.their hand might be forced though.if others mentioned were to move.

They don't but that just shows the mentality of people running clubs. These teams could have a positive influence in the EOSFL. Its like I said if our committee didn't change we would have probably either been the same or would have collapsed as soon as boness and linlithgow went instead we were leading the charge.

This time its Glenrothes that started the ball rolling.  I think all it will take is another couple to move and then panic will set in. But TJs arse will be twitching

36 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Heard that Whitburn are not wanting to move to eosfl.their hand might be forced though.if others mentioned were to move.

Ah, Whitburn Juniors. Sadly, a real anachronism. From being one of the powerhouses of the east when refusing promotion to the East Region Super League on its creation to (despite eventually ascending to the Super League with their tail firmly between their legs) paddling about in the lower reaches of the ERSJFA in more recent years with no cohesion or direction and certainly no vision (I know they top the current East Super League but that’s down entirely to all the bigger teams having long since moved onto better things).

From a delegate to the SJFA who, wrongly, has been knocked back more than once for a place on its governing body (yet they quietly take such insult and slavishly remain beholden to Junior tradition) to a club official who gets to sit on the bench like he’s part of the coaching staff (or he certainly used to when I got along to watch) and likes nothing more than a wee walk with his orange buddies during the marching season. No wonder they are haemorrhaging supporters. I don’t think they’ll evolve anytime soon into a club that will be leading anyone anywhere right enough!! It’s a real shame too as they certainly would enhance the EoSFL were they to raise their eyes above the horizon.

Fauldhouse, on the other hand, certainly seem to have some forward thinkers involved and I don’t imagine it would be too much of a leap to believe that they could indeed be a club who just might see the merits of engaging with the wider Scottish footballing community through a move to the EoSFL.

4 minutes ago, jackjarviscraiglang said:

This is a Fauldhouse Utd platform so would Mr Lumet and the Camelon fan keep your opinions about Whitburn to yourselves and stay OFF our site, or put your opinions on Burnieman’s site, you obviously have issues with Whitburn which Fauldhouse don’t, so just jog on to another site and peddle your stuff there.

I asked a question about fauldhouse.

19 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Has Jack been playing much this year mate? Seemed to be doing the business last year but not hearing much this year. 

Anytime i have watched The Hoose this season the big lad Jack has been a standout and was gutted when i heard he had left would like to wish him all the best for the future. 

Anytime i have watched The Hoose this season the big lad Jack has been a standout and was gutted when i heard he had left would like to wish him all the best for the future. 
The jack Currie of last season was a stand out and he had a superb season this season he hasn't reached anywhere close to that level

2 minutes ago, the sniper said:
13 minutes ago, nutmeg1 said:

The jack Currie of last season was a stand out and he had a superb season this season he hasn't reached anywhere close to that level

All about opinions but i disagree with yours,his hold up play and work rate was excellent and the amount of  goals and assists he created for us he will definitely be a big lose to us !

Jack Currie will be a massive loss, not a prolific goal scorer as a No 9. But offers so much, Strong as an ox and puts in 110%. Drags defenders all over the place, holds the ball up very well. IMO I expected a senior lower league Outfit to snap him up last season - where is he away to ??

Player turnover at the Hoose in recent times is a concern... 2 most recent players Jack Currie and Gribbs would be first team starters for me. I do understand and appreciate there may other reasons that the paying punter is unaware off.

Jack Currie will be a massive loss, not a prolific goal scorer as a No 9. But offers so much, Strong as an ox and puts in 110%. Drags defenders all over the place, holds the ball up very well. IMO I expected a senior lower league Outfit to snap him up last season - where is he away to ??
Player turnover at the Hoose in recent times is a concern... 2 most recent players Jack Currie and Gribbs would be first team starters for me. I do understand and appreciate there may other reasons that the paying punter is unaware off.

Can I ask why its worrying? And yes there is loads the paying fans don't see or hear about

15 minutes ago, PJS said:

Agree 100%!

Another player that left who i feel we have missed big time is JC the goalie,probably the best i have seen at Junior level great shot stopper and his distribution was brilliant.

23 hours ago, your recent ones have been likes for Sid’s personal digs at the Whitburn set up. As I said NOT for discussion on a Fauldhouse site.

Agreed. I merely responded to lithgierose raising Whitburn on this thread and compared and contrasted what I believe are the different attitudes between your club and theirs. I apologise.

7 minutes ago, jc1 said:
30 minutes ago, PJS said:

Can I ask why its worrying? And yes there is loads the paying fans don't see or hear about

Losing fringe players I understand, I also get the fact that players come and go. It’s a concern because the overall quality of the team suffers when you lose decent players. I watched Gribbs first game for Armadale in front of a healthy crowd at Volunteer Park he was a class above.