Fauldhouse United 2018/19

Pyramidic

Big opening game for the Hoose on Saturday travelling up to take on the 2nd favourites for the league Broughty Athletic.

Looking forward to seeing how the lads shape up in what should be a good tough match at a ground that carried very mixed fortune for us over the last 10 years. 

Go the new season...GO THE HOOSE!!

How did the team perform today  ?

Did they deserve anything from the game ?

Disappointed to see JC leaving, from a spectators point of view he was an excellent keeper. 

Was Jack Currie available today ?

Jack is unfortunately on holiday. We were better side first half but a crazy 10min spell second half killed us. 2-0 flatters broughty imo. Jc wasn't selected to start today and as it's his last season playing he wishes to go play somewhere to play week in week out. Unfortunately for jc that Mark Quinn has came in and been very impressive pre season and did well today zero chance with both goals.

Thanks for the response JC

Admire and respect your honesty.

It’s very refreshing as these decisions are no doubt difficult.

Good to see decisiveness on the player front -both incoming and outgoing.

Look forward to seeing the new signings at Whitburn on Saturday.

16 hours ago, PJS said:

Thanks for the response JC

Admire and respect your honesty.

It’s very refreshing as these decisions are no doubt difficult.

Good to see decisiveness on the player front -both incoming and outgoing.

Look forward to seeing the new signings at Whitburn on Saturday.

Was at the game yesterday, I thought the hoose were poor, not one shot on target and did not create any chances. Broughty should have been at least one up at half time, only a super block by the keeper when the no 9 was through keep it level. I was disappointed overall , Broughty won the game without breaking sweat.

Was at the game yesterday, I thought the hoose were poor, not one shot on target and did not create any chances. Broughty should have been at least one up at half time, only a super block by the keeper when the no 9 was through keep it level. I was disappointed overall , Broughty won the game without breaking sweat.
Yes our keeper had a great save first half granted. For 35mins we dominated and final 3rd we lacked the final ball. We weren't great I agree but to say broughty didn't break sweat is ridiculous! Second half was very poor from BOTH sides their first goal is a classic fluke and second lucky bounce that was the difference in the game. 0-0 and nobody would have complained. Again yes we were poor but I didn't think scoreline reflects the game imo

Yes our keeper had a great save first half granted. For 35mins we dominated and final 3rd we lacked the final ball. We weren't great I agree but to say broughty didn't break sweat is ridiculous! Second half was very poor from BOTH sides their first goal is a classic fluke and second lucky bounce that was the difference in the game. 0-0 and nobody would have complained. Again yes we were poor but I didn't think scoreline reflects the game imo
You're correct in saying you dominated majority of 1st half, but you did nothing of note with the possession.

You'll have to enlighten me with this lucky bounce? For me, good shot, good save onto bar, tap in finish.

Broughty won at a canter if truth be told. Broughty definitely would have had complained if it finished nil nil.

You're correct in saying you dominated majority of 1st half, but you did nothing of note with the possession.

You'll have to enlighten me with this lucky bounce? For me, good shot, good save onto bar, tap in finish.

Broughty won at a canter if truth be told. Broughty definitely would have had complained if it finished nil nil.
The kick up in front of the keeper I'm referring too. I also said final 3rd we never created. Your entitled to your opinion but won at a canter is laughable. Plus side for us we won't be that bad again (Hopefully)