England v Colombia

throbber

13 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Bah. Gutted as really just wanted to enjoy the rest of the tournament, and we were two half decent kicks of the ball away from that. England, over the piece, probably marginally the less rubbish of the two teams though. 

I know that, if they reach the final, they will be playing a notably better team, but it's absolutely not beyond any semi capable team to fluke/shitfest one game against superior opponents. 

100% this. So frustrating, but at the same time we've had plenty of laughs at England's shoot-outs over the years and it had to end someday.

They could easily reach the final now and despite the fact they'd be playing a vastly superior side anything could happen in a one off. I'd feel much more relaxed if they had a Uruguay or France standard of side to face in the semi final.

Having said all that, I thought they were really very poor tonight and carried little goal threat other than causing panic from the odd set piece. Sweden will fancy their chances and rightly so.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Where can I hide if they shitefest the whole fuckin thing?? 

Well i f you are  in the Lincs\Cambs way you could go down to Wisbeach as its the kind of  place where they still do not know the Romans have left. The Fen people can be pretty cut off and weird. 

27 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Henderson headbutt.

Sterling punch.

Studs on Falcao’s head.

McGuire dive.

Lingaard dive (already booked)

Young over the top challenge.

Aye Colombia were cheating right enough emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yes, they were, and England's antics (of which there were plenty) are irrelevant to the point I made.

Colombia's gameplan today was a mixture of trying to stop England playing by disrupting the game with niggly little fouls, and delaying the game for prolonged periods by feigning injury and getting in the referee's face. A horrid team who knew they were up against someone better and tried to cheat their way past them. And btw, a horrid team I would have loved to have seen be successful in their attempts at shitfesting, because it would have eliminated England.

But if you think England weren't the better team on the night, or the dirtier of the teams, then you're completely deluded.

27 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

c***s sitting there listening to Hoddle nodding their heads and letting his shite opinions guide them. They’ll be going about shaking their heads at folk in wheelchairs tomorrow. Mental. 

Absolutely nobody is letting Glenn Hoddle's opinions guide them, you fucking oddball.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Absolutely nobody is letting Glenn Hoddle's opinions guide them, you fucking oddball.

More of a young blueballed VL, but oddball suffices.

Yes, they were, and England's antics (of which there were plenty) are irrelevant to the point I made.
Colombia's gameplan today was a mixture of trying to stop England playing by disrupting the game with niggly little fouls, and delaying the game for prolonged periods by feigning injury and getting in the referee's face. A horrid team who knew they were up against someone better and tried to cheat their way past them. And btw, a horrid team I would have loved to have seen be successful in their attempts at shitfesting, because it would have eliminated England.
But if you think England weren't the better team on the night, or the dirtier of the teams, then you're completely deluded.

I must be deluded then.

I didn’t see anything that England weren’t doing themselves.

How many clear opportunities did England have ? Colombia dominated the 2nd half and were comfortable Bar the last couple of minutes of ET.

How anyone can support Columbia with their shitfest cheating is beyond belief and petty.

So what if England make a big deal out of winning things? Scotland would be ten times worse. I think they’ve been pretty low key so far and realise it’s not their best ever side. Let’s stop being the jealous pathetic neighbour.

How anyone can support Columbia with their shitfest cheating is beyond belief and petty.
So what if England make a big deal out of winning things? Scotland would be ten times worse. I think they’ve been pretty low key so far and realise it’s not their best ever side. Let’s stop being the jealous pathetic neighbour.

This. It really is cringing.

Archived