England v Colombia

throbber

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp

Probably the worst commentary. Ever. Last night.

My personal favourite was Maguire's blatant dive, and Tyldesley going....'was that toe on toe ?', when the Colombian planted his foot 6 inches away from the diving, cheating c**t.

Of course, when you have a combination of Tyldesley and Hoddle. My God, words fail me.

If Colombia had played for the last half hour the way they played for the last 10 minutes they'd have won. But they didn't, more's the pity. Perhaps Sweden will put me out of my misery...

Thought England didn't do much again last night, but the hype machine is going into overdrive. Two teams of diving, whinging arseholes. I hope Sweden do them.

Absolute minter the folk who think they are some sort of moral authority because they don’t want England to lose. It’s a football match FFS.

And that commentary last night has absolutely turned me into an ABE w****r. Fucking laughable from start to finish.

8 hours ago, The OP said:

They’ve been utterly sickening since they won some group games and big names started performing poorly. Since Germany went out, Belgium beat them and Spain lost they have become a parody of themselves.

I felt quite well disposed to a cousin’s husband who went over for the Belgium game and sent me “Southgate you’re the one” videos and I don’t really mind their team aside from Dele Alli and Vardy. I even thought if it came down to it I’d want them to lift the trophy before Neymar.  But every second of hypocritical, arrogant and biased punditry and commentating turns me into the most rabid England hater there is. 

Pretty much this. Of  the sides left in the competition, Sweden, Belgium or England are the ones I wouldn't mind winning the thing.  And then the English commentators come on.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

England were probably the better side overall last night, and Colombia were certainly dirty b*****ds at times, but the English players were diving b*****ds and also hounded the ref over a few decisions...

Aye, I've seen a few Scots say they hoped Colombia went out because of the cheating they were doing.  I must've forgotten Henderson going down like he'd been shot and Maguire diving and then pleading with the ref not to give it so that VAR didn't show him up for the cheat he is.  England were giving it out as much as they were taking it.

Plus, England losing to some horrid decision is always better. I encourage cheating by their opponents.

By the way, did anyone hear Glen Hoddle call an England corner routine "The Love Train" last night?  This is why these c***s need ended by any means possible.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

How anyone can support Columbia with their shitfest cheating is beyond belief and petty.

So what if England make a big deal out of winning things? Scotland would be ten times worse. I think they’ve been pretty low key so far and realise it’s not their best ever side. Let’s stop being the jealous pathetic neighbour.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This. It really is cringing.

f**k off with this crawling servile pish. It's called rivalry. Or do you also cheer on Falkirk/Raith/Clyde/Sevco etc? If not why not? Jealous and pathetic..

Also why would Scotland be ten times worse? Servile nonsense 

whats the fuckin deal with the ref disaollowing colombia's goal last night? because maguire wasn't ready or wasn't looking? disgraceful decision.

they are getting strokes of luck and it's worrying me

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Don't know if it's been discussed and can't be bothered going back 80 pages to look but I think Englands penalty was ridiculous. Looks like refs have been told to clamp down on defenders grabbing/pushing/whatever to attackers in the box and because of that all attackers need to do is initiate contact with a defender, wrap arm around him and fall and they could get a penalty. A wee bit of shirt tugging/pushing in the box from corners is part of the game, give a penalty if a guy has been dragged to the ground or bear hugged but not just cause they've touched each other.

A Welsh guy I follow on Twitter said basically this just after it was awarded.  Kane knew exactly what he needed to do to make it look like he was pulled to the ground; wrapping his arm round the defender and basically slowly falling to the ground in installments.

He was roundly hounded on Twitter by his English followers and replied saying he was literally describing what Kane did.  The abuse he was got was wild.

A Welsh guy I follow on Twitter said basically this just after it was awarded.  Kane knew exactly what he needed to do to make it look like he was pulled to the ground; wrapping his arm round the defender and basically slowly falling to the ground in installments.
He was roundly hounded on Twitter by his English followers and replied saying he was literally describing what Kane did.  The abuse he was got was wild.

It was a clear penalty. Not sure why it is even being debated. Im delighted refs are finally clamping down on this shite

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It was a clear penalty. Not sure why it is even being debated. Im delighted refs are finally clamping down on this shite

Ah right so wrapping your arm round the defender is fine.  Got you.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'd have more sympathy with Colombia if they hadn't spent the previous nine corners grabbing and holding, despite the ref constantly telling them he was watching them. 

It's funny how many people claim Colombia were so extremely dirty, yet ignore constant diving & at least 2 red card offences by England. I'm not making excuses for Colombia, but there was cheating, dirty play & bad antics on both sides all game long!

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd have more sympathy with Colombia if they hadn't spent the previous nine corners grabbing and holding, despite the ref constantly telling them he was watching them. 

I'm with you brother,  just don't think it was a penalty, Kane initiated it IMO.

England deserved to progress too, for the record.

If Colombia played the way they did in the last 10 minutes for the first 80, they might have won the fucking game.  Piss poor management to not realise at half time, at the latest, that England weren't getting sucked into the complete shitfest they were trying to create. 

As soon as the Colombians put two up top, they were by far the better side.

Probably the right result in the end.  Colombia had a pretty clear game-plan, but credit to England they saw right through it and for the most part didn't rise to it.  Colombia only have themselves to blame that they went out by not going at an England side who aren't exactly world beaters.  I watched it recorded, mostly on double speed, and it was clear how comfortable England were just playing it around, waiting for the opening.  I'm actually surprised it's listed as only 52% of possession to England, because it seemed like a whole lot more.

The game itself raises some interesting points though, not just about England but us too.  Colombia yesterday were the textbook example of shithousery.  Absolutely blatant at times, but it was clear early on that the referee was shiting out of stamping it out.  The commentary was all about how disgraceful they were being, despite it ending up being a couple of missed penalties away from putting them through.  When will England (and by extension Scotland) realise that you're going to come up against teams who will do anything to win?  It's all very well going out, then pointing to the bigger, nasty boys and saying that they cheated, but you're still out at the end of the day.  England deserved to go through, but had they not then they'd need to start realising that South American teams in particular are conditioned to do that sort of thing. They would see getting a goal by effectively cheating as even better than a normal goal, not something to be ashamed of.  And if you go into a game thinking you're above that, you will be taken down into the trenches anyway.  May as well just embrace it.

Credit to Harry Kane though - he may look like he can't concentrate on both breathing and talking at the same time, but he did incredibly well at that penalty in the face of rampant shithousery.  Plenty of England players in the past would have gone to absolute bits in that.

Archived