England v Colombia

throbber

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How anyone can support Columbia with their shitfest cheating is beyond belief and petty.

So what if England make a big deal out of winning things? Scotland would be ten times worse. I think they’ve been pretty low key so far and realise it’s not their best ever side. Let’s stop being the jealous pathetic neighbour.

They’ve been utterly sickening since they won some group games and big names started performing poorly. Since Germany went out, Belgium beat them and Spain lost they have become a parody of themselves.

I felt quite well disposed to a cousin’s husband who went over for the Belgium game and sent me “Southgate you’re the one” videos and I don’t really mind their team aside from Dele Alli and Vardy. I even thought if it came down to it I’d want them to lift the trophy before Neymar.  But every second of hypocritical, arrogant and biased punditry and commentating turns me into the most rabid England hater there is. 

Sorry I really don’t see what’s so bad. Did you not see the Panama pundit greeting?

Do you expect them to sit po-faced and say “well we did jolly well to win that, now enough of this clapping, here’s the news”

We celebrating winning it before we even arrived at the World Cup and our fans went absolutely mental scoring two goals against them. We are worse.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Sorry I really don’t see what’s so bad. Did you not see the Panama pundit greeting?

Do you expect them to sit po-faced and say “well we did jolly well to win that, now enough of this clapping, here’s the news”

We celebrating winning it before we even arrived at the World Cup and our fans went absolutely mental scoring two goals against them. We are worse.

I expect them to have some perspective and neutrality or get the f**k off my telly. It’s like having to watch every game commentated by rangerstv before rangerstv became utterly hilarious.

Of course if a poor Colombia side were slightly better at penalties England TV would’ve become hilarious and I’d give them a 10% to 20% chance of winning this World Cup so I’m hopeful that will come to pass sooner or later.

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No really bothered about England.

I echo the above in that its just that I want them, their fans and most of all their commentators aff my telly.

Now have to put up with (at least) another 4 days of turgid shite aboot Harry Kane's sair big f@ckin toe and pish like that.

As a fan of the game, I want decent unbiased commentary when it comes to teams I couldn't give a f@ck about.  

Yes....itv and bbc, that includes England.

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What a surprise a self loathing little weirdo like you spouting this pish.

How anyone can support Columbia with their shitfest cheating is beyond belief and petty.
So what if England make a big deal out of winning things? Scotland would be ten times worse. I think they’ve been pretty low key so far and realise it’s not their best ever side. Let’s stop being the jealous pathetic neighbour.

As I have said 265489 times tonight.

What did Colombia do that England weren’t doing themselves ???

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Good luck to em, thought it was a cert England were going out when it went to ET, fair play!
Cracking stop from Pickford and a coolly taken, crucial 4th pen by the young lad Trippier.
Colombia have only themselves to blame for way they played the first 75mins tonight (albeit without their best player), they won’t have a better chance of progressing.
Sweden unimpressive against Switzerland earlier, but Southgate will not underrate them a, solid & organised side.
At least it shouldn’t be another game full of petty fouls, feigning injury and arguing with the Ref.

Of which England were doing just as much tonight ?????

Jealous neighbour ?

I’m Scottish and a football fan. If my team isn’t there I can support who I want.

Why am I pathetic for not supporting England ?

What is the reason FOR me supporting them ?

Do you call England fans pathetic for not supporting Germany or Argentina ?

Don't know if it's been discussed and can't be bothered going back 80 pages to look but I think Englands penalty was ridiculous. Looks like refs have been told to clamp down on defenders grabbing/pushing/whatever to attackers in the box and because of that all attackers need to do is initiate contact with a defender, wrap arm around him and fall and they could get a penalty. A wee bit of shirt tugging/pushing in the box from corners is part of the game, give a penalty if a guy has been dragged to the ground or bear hugged but not just cause they've touched each other.

Don't know if it's been discussed and can't be bothered going back 80 pages to look but I think Englands penalty was ridiculous. Looks like refs have been told to clamp down on defenders grabbing/pushing/whatever to attackers in the box and because of that all attackers need to do is initiate contact with a defender, wrap arm around him and fall and they could get a penalty. A wee bit of shirt tugging/pushing in the box from corners is part of the game, give a penalty if a guy has been dragged to the ground or bear hugged but not just cause they've touched each other.

Harry Kane is a diving, cheating cnut

Yeah I agree with that. Russia or Sweden would not stop them at all.
Brazil will win it though
Sweden are why Italy and the Netherlands aren't there, they beat France in qualifying and they clinically found out Mexico. They have been in as many World Cup finals as England and twice as many semi finals. In the last 15 meetings between them Sweden have won 5 (including the most recent one), drawn 8 and lost 2.

They're not as good as the opponents you might normally get in a World Cup quarter final but let's not write them off. That's the English media's job.

I’m one of those bitter Scots who wants England to lose at everything. However, having witnessed the vile way Colombia played, I’m glad they won. Reminded me of Uruguay against us in 1986. The South American teams have a nastiness about them (faking injury, hounding referees etc). I hope a European team wins this World Cup.

45 minutes ago, Polomoney said:

I’m one of those bitter Scots who wants England to lose at everything. However, having witnessed the vile way Colombia played, I’m glad they won. Reminded me of Uruguay against us in 1986. The South American teams have a nastiness about them (faking injury, hounding referees etc). I hope a European team wins this World Cup.

England were probably the better side overall last night, and Colombia were certainly dirty b*****ds at times, but the English players were diving b*****ds and also hounded the ref over a few decisions...

7 hours ago, dorlomin said:

Well i f you are  in the Lincs\Cambs way you could go down to Wisbeach as its the kind of  place where they still do not know the Romans have left. The Fen people can be pretty cut off and weird. 

It's Wisbech. 

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I work in (middle) England, with a load of (middle) English people.

I wanted to see them humbled and crying. Now they are going to be unbearably smug about overcoming Colombia's cheating with good old fashioned fair play.

I am going to have to spend all day explaining that they didn't create a chance from open play and did more play acting and diving than Colombia.

They will not accept this. Maybe one or two actual football fans will. The majority are premiership/ champions league "fans" who buy into the hype.

Colombia were horrible c***s and did plenty whingeing and pulling, but there are no Colombians at my work.

I would like to give Hoddle extra credit for myopia in commentary when one of Englands second-row shoved a colombian blatantly and right in front of the ref. "he must have been pushed first and he's reacted". 

Archived