Gartcairn Jnrs 2018 / 2019

Great winning start for Gartcairn away to wishaw with a 2-1 victory.
Huffed and puffed first half and squandered enough chances to win two games.
Ht 0-0
Second half both teams going for it, the cairn setting up chance after chance again , in true junior fashion wishaw took the lead.
A minute later a deco free kick flew past the keeper 1-1
Game restarts and within a minute the cairn take the lead again thru that man deco.
Satisfying result in the end and three from three so far but long season ahead, as they say one game at a time and next up a home game against GLASGOW Perthshire at mtc Park next Saturday 2pm ko

Thanks to wishaw for the hospitality and all the best for the rest of the season

56 minutes ago, sctv said:

Great winning start for Gartcairn away to wishaw with a 2-1 victory.
Huffed and puffed first half and squandered enough chances to win two games.
Ht 0-0
Second half both teams going for it, the cairn setting up chance after chance again , in true junior fashion wishaw took the lead.
A minute later a deco free kick flew past the keeper 1-1
Game restarts and within a minute the cairn take the lead again thru that man deco.
Satisfying result in the end and three from three so far but long season ahead, as they say one game at a time and next up a home game against GLASGOW Perthshire at mtc Park next Saturday 2pm ko

Thanks to wishaw for the hospitality and all the best for the rest of the season

Fantastic goal by deco today.

good start to the season. Keep it going lads

Well today I took the 15 minute drive down to Airdrie to take in Gartcairn vs Shire. Was it worth the £3 entry & braving the elements.......yes it was, read till the end for the hard to believe end (all happened after the final whistle) Gartcairn look very dangerous going forward but Shire didn't look comfortable defending (when the ball was on the artificial turf) both centre halves when the ball was in the air for shire looked in there element, that said I think one of there centre halves should have seen a second yellow, Gartcairn were down to 10 men for a second yellow and the game went Shires way from then on....Shire aren't pretty to watch but know what works for them in going long & they get results with it. Gartcairn at the back looked leaky except for the goalkeeper who at 4-2 down made 5 great saves one on one which was great to see as he looked quite young. Then it gets slightly comical , Shire 4-2 up & cruising could easily have seen the game out and made an unusual substitution with number 9 being replaced by number 90 & yes that's how old he looked! I thought it was a strange substitution to make but clearly thought the game was done.....The home team had other ideas, goal from a corner put cairn within 1 then last minute Gartcairn get another corner & send the keeper up......Yep they score from it unsure who put it in but it ended up in the back of the net. Then the referee who had a very challenging game decided that was time.....to which Shire players management & fans weren't happy with.....then as hands are shaken a melee breaks out over by the benches and exit towards the changing rooms, all I was missing was my home brew & pipe to make it ideal viewing! However it settled down & I retreated to my car thinking it was over......as I was on the phone I see a shire player going for one of the Gartcairn players and this was 15 minutes after full time! I must say this was the ugly side that no one wants in our game and I was shocked as commitee members stood by and watched. With only a few trying to calm the Shire player who refused to leave or get in his vehicle. However he did open his boot and sit on that whilst contemplating what one can only think was a spot of DIY with what appeared......! A game that had everything you want on the park & everything you don't want off it!

9 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Well today I took the 15 minute drive down to Airdrie to take in Gartcairn vs Shire. Was it worth the £3 entry & braving the elements.......yes it was, read till the end for the hard to believe end (all happened after the final whistle) Gartcairn look very dangerous going forward but Shire didn't look comfortable defending (when the ball was on the artificial turf) both centre halves when the ball was in the air for shire looked in there element, that said I think one of there centre halves should have seen a second yellow, Gartcairn were down to 10 men for a second yellow and the game went Shires way from then on....Shire aren't pretty to watch but know what works for them in going long & they get results with it. Gartcairn at the back looked leaky except for the goalkeeper who at 4-2 down made 5 great saves one on one which was great to see as he looked quite young. Then it gets slightly comical , Shire 4-2 up & cruising could easily have seen the game out and made an unusual substitution with number 9 being replaced by number 90 & yes that's how old he looked! I thought it was a strange substitution to make but clearly thought the game was done.....The home team had other ideas, goal from a corner put cairn within 1 then last minute Gartcairn get another corner & send the keeper up......Yep they score from it unsure who put it in but it ended up in the back of the net. Then the referee who had a very challenging game decided that was time.....to which Shire players management & fans weren't happy with.....then as hands are shaken a melee breaks out over by the benches and exit towards the changing rooms, all I was missing was my home brew & pipe to make it ideal viewing! However it settled down & I retreated to my car thinking it was over......as I was on the phone I see a shire player going for one of the Gartcairn players and this was 15 minutes after full time! I must say this was the ugly side that no one wants in our game and I was shocked as commitee members stood by and watched. With only a few trying to calm the Shire player who refused to leave or get in his vehicle. However he did open his boot and sit on that whilst contemplating what one can only think was a spot of DIY with what appeared......! A game that had everything you want on the park & everything you don't want off it!

Glad you enjoyed the game  Section G  Shire making the  substitution And bringing on the shire  Manager  who’s birthday it was today age 60 was clearly disrespectful and showed zero class ultimately it spurred  a 10 man Cairn to action using the extra time generated by Shire to grab an equaliser in the dying seconds of the game.

ultimatley they cost themselves the deserved 3 points 

The player who was so distraught at dropping 2 points at MTC Park and went for the tool box is a completely different story and should be run out of football and society in general it’s a game of football !!

On a plus side young Chris the keeper was awarded man of the match we dust ourselves down and get ready for next weeks match #MTC 

Glad you enjoyed the game  Section G  Shire making the  substitution And bringing on the shire  Manager  who’s birthday it was today age 60 was clearly disrespectful and showed zero class ultimately it spurred  a 10 man Cairn to action using the extra time generated by Shire to grab an equaliser in the dying seconds of the game.
ultimatley they cost themselves the deserved 3 points 
The player who was so distraught at dropping 2 points at MTC Park and went for the tool box is a completely different story and should be run out of football and society in general it’s a game of football !!
On a plus side young Chris the keeper was awarded man of the match we dust ourselves down and get ready for next weeks match #MTC 

Well only now after a few bottles of home brew I can laugh about all of what I witnessed today! The substitution was comical as I said I thought at the time it was disrespectful but not knowing if he was a signed player or they were low in numbers that they stopped by the WRVS on the way, now I know it was there manager at 60 I'm slightly shocked and somewhat amused, maybe cost himself 2 points today. However maybe with a few more home brew I may have a chance judging by that, I shall look out my boots for next week.

I totally agree with what you say on the one person acting absurd and I didn't wish to mention what he brought out as I'm that shocked and saddened by it but DIY was on his mind. No place for this with fans never mind from a player shocking and in my 20 years watching junior football I have rarely seen this from fans and never from a player (off the park)

The shire manager who was man of the match when he played against Jamie Mckenzie’s forth 3 month ago not disrespectful at all we were missing 7 players and down to bare bones he was on bench to make the numbers up to help the team the referee was a disgrace added 6 mins on when he said to our boys he was only playing 3 minutes and that park should never be allowed in junior football dressing rooms well away from the park forcing fans to stand in only 1 section of the ground

3 minutes ago, the shire said:

The shire manager who was man of the match when he played against Jamie Mckenzie’s forth 3 month ago not disrespectful at all we were missing 7 players and down to bare bones he was on bench to make the numbers up to help the team the referee was a disgrace added 6 mins on when he said to our boys he was only playing 3 minutes and that park should never be allowed in junior football dressing rooms well away from the park forcing fans to stand in only 1 section of the ground

I've been to most grounds across central Scotland & ive been to stadiums that are falling in on themselves with many fans mingling, forcing fans is a bit extreme to state. You know what the say about the stale pheasant......

Agree on the referee he caused most of the issues today 
No commment on Bob the Builder surely as a club you must condone that behaviour from a player of your club ?

No mention of Tommy Walsh in there response to my original post as a club they won't want to entertain such an idea! Much rather try and cloke & dagger tactics by saying the referees watch was broke & that a junior ground isn't all seating with a wrap around bar! It's junior football one of the many quant reasons I watch it.