Will my spanish coat of arms tattoo be a problem in Barcelona?

belae1k

Hello,

When I was 19 I got a spanish coat of arms tattoo on my upper back which is clearly visible when I have my shirt off. When I got the tattoo, I had no idea about any of the politcal problems between Catalonia and Spain. I got the tattoo because I have family in Spain and love the culture. Anyways, I plan on moving to Barcelona and am wondering if this may be an issue. I plan on keeping my shirt on most of the time but am worried about being assaulted if I am shirtless (If I am at the beach or something). Do any of you Catalans think this would be a problem?

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Hello,

When I was 19 I got a spanish coat of arms tattoo on my upper back which is clearly visible when I have my shirt off. When I got the tattoo, I had no idea about any of the politcal problems between Catalonia and Spain. I got the tattoo because I have family in Spain and love the culture. Anyways, I plan on moving to Barcelona and am wondering if this may be an issue. I plan on keeping my shirt on most of the time but am worried about being assaulted if I am shirtless (If I am at the beach or something). Do any of you Catalans think this would be a problem?

Thanks!

I reckon your Spanish family might have a better idea than a bunch of Scottish football fans.

Hmmm I don't blame you guys for your responses... I totally understand... Really wish I would have gave the tattoo more thought. I was young and eager to get a tattoo.  I do still plan on moving to Barcelona though. Looks like I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on all the time or look into ways of covering up the tattoo. Thanks for the honest feedback.

2 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Hmmm I don't blame you guys for your responses... I totally understand... Really wish I would have gave the tattoo more thought. I was young and eager to get a tattoo.  I do still plan on moving to Barcelona though. Looks like I'll just have to keep a t-shirt on all the time or look into ways of covering up the tattoo. Thanks for the honest feedback.

You should ignore all the stupid and negative remarks.  

Get a Catalan flag tattooed on your forehead to balance things up.

43 minutes ago, belae1k said:

Why did you put the links to the Tripadvisor pages for Catalonia, Barcelona and Spain? Did you think we might not have heard of them or do you get paid for the clicks?

P.S. Start going to Espanyol games, your tattoo will go down very well.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Why did you put the links to the Tripadvisor pages for Catalonia, Barcelona and Spain? Did you think we might not have heard of them or do you get paid for the clicks?

P.S. Start going to Espanyol games, your tattoo will go down very well.

Is this sarcasm? I would like to go to español games

In the early 90's whilst just a daft laddy I was in Pamplona for the bull run.

A friend (who should have known better) and I,  wandered into a large Basque demonstration.

Daft mate was wearing an "I love Spain" t-shirt. Narrowly escaped a lynching. Quick of foot in those days.

Good pair of running shoes and I reckon you will be fine OP.

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

In the early 90's whilst just a daft laddy I was in Pamplona for the bull run.

A friend (who should have known better) and I,  wandered into a large Basque demonstration.

Daft mate was wearing an "I love Spain" t-shirt. Narrowly escaped a lynching. Quick of foot in those days.

Good pair of running shoes and I reckon you will be fine OP.

Thanks for your insight!

Archived